ForumsSupport ForumAds getting more "spam" like

9 3930
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

In the past 2 weeks I've seen armorgame's ads become more spam-like. What used to be only mmorpg's and other gaming website now is "you're the 999,999th vistor, click to claim your prize" Those are really distracting to me snice they flash and bounce around I can't focus on what really matters, the game. It also downgrades the site creditiblity, I think dan should get rid of them

• 9 Replies
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

Hey man, no spaming. Im a webmaster too, but I hate those spam ads, they give you spyware and viruses to whoever visits. Besides dan gets paid with the MMORPG site that show here, but those banner ads are none the less, annoying!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I hate the ad for the best buy card, it is always there 'you have been specially chosen to recive this gift!', 'you have 199, 198, 197, 196... seconds to reply!'

that one gets annoying, and I don't make wepages, but i do know why the ads are there, just some(like the smiley face one) could really go(or at least be moved from the top where my mouse usually passes...)

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

well, you can easily get rid of spam on firefox, so I don't care about spam publicity cause I don't SEE any^^ , thanks to mozzila's addons

warbuff6644
warbuff6644
41 posts
Nomad

So, the spam ads... aren't armorgames approved? Or are they actually put in because some one paid for the ad space?

Sorry if I sound mentally impaired.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

Good question, I not really sure
[bold]bla[/bold]

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

ya some of them are bad, but there is a reason, he needs the funding to keep armorgames up and running, without the funds from those he wouldn't have anytime to work on because he would have to work a whole ton more, so even those are annoying you may have to put up with them if you want this to still be a site

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

the virus anti-proof walls can't even block em

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Those few pop-ups are nasty boogs. I mean I've got this laptop locked down and they seem to get through. I'll research this...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

i just hate that smiley one above, it could be down at the bottom or the other side(left)
I have IE and FireFox(but I don't use it...yet ) but I don't get many popups, just the cursor ones but those are EVErYWHERE!!! plus I like to play wit the one where the cursors follow your mouse!^_^

Showing 1-9 of 9