ForumsSupport ForumFor my 1000th post: A related suggestion? MORE INFO INSIDE!

29 4007
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So I am thinking maybe we should have milestones or something on AG. I know we do with ag points and such but that's vague. Some people have tons of points and no posts and stuff and all from rating games which pardon my saying is much easier and I worked a ton hard for my points as most of them are from forums! I only rate new games! XD So anyways. Maybe I am not sure what but we could get something if not just an e-mail or something fun for milestones like 1000 posts, 10 merits, 5000posts, 10k posts and stuff like that... for example not sure who else did but I downloaded firefox 3.0 on its release date and they send me a pdf with a picture and just added my name to it saying congrats on being part of a world record. You know those sites where you can add captions to the pictures it was pretty much one of those and it just puts your name. So maybe we could have a certificate for 1000th post and other nice little things like that. Heck I could make the certificate if you guys want!

• 29 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

For everyone saying this would cause spam, that's what moderators are for. They look through forums and such and delete spam. If there was something suspicious, a mod would probably be notified. Also, this may encourage members to be more helpful in reporting spam.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I'd have to ask a moderator on that one. I don't think it shows who flags what comment. It might, but if so, people will just be going through flagging other comments, but I think Carlie told me that they review almost every comment that is flagged before they delete them. I could also see more ways to cheat this system, but I'll refrain just in case this does come into action.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Actually...you gave me an idea. Why not have a milestone for people who find and report spam? It would be like "100 spam comments flagged" and such. It would really help the community.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, but it would have to be only comments that got deleted. I always wondered how the whole mod thing works...like deleting comments and locking topics and stuff, what's it like, and how does AG look to a mod?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well I think a mod told me that there are buttons....oh wait, I shan't say anymore! :O

But to answer that first part. It would make more work for mods to go through MORE comments that aren't even spam. Just adding to the load.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

that would be good but users have already started that idea a long time ago so non original idea.

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

sounds like a mighty fine idea

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

spam will always remain a problem

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I recommend making a pivot with two guys. They then bring matches and trip on a rock at the last second and are tangled in the ropes of the fireworks and then blow up with fireworks that spell out King Ryan's 1000th Posts!

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

spam will always remain a problem

Yeah!!! :P

That'sz the biggest problemzzzzz! here :PP
chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

yup u can't stop spam but you can slow it down

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

That would be so nifty if we stopped it xD

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol spam won't stop but I don't think we should never use an idea in the fear of spam. Or else we will never grow!

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

that woul be cool but it would require a lot of hard work but yes i would like to see like some sort of congrats or milestone

Chaze100

Showing 16-29 of 29