ForumsProgramming ForumHELP PLEASE

2 2874
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

Ok I have a mac OSX so it can be used with the new flash intel but I have never used flash before, I downloaded flash and everything and the program is on my computer but for some reason it won't run, no error messages show p or anything, but the flash window won
t pop up, I want to learn both the programming and art but can someone post a link for the right flash to do this that will work for a mac, I like have no idea what I am doing but I have done some work with game maker and stuff but I want to try out flash before I make any large purchases but for some of those more experienced flash users I'd like some help, Thanks!

• 2 Replies
NightfangII
NightfangII
47 posts
Nomad

Flash should work for macintosh. Are you running OS 10.3 or earlier? It might not work with anything before Tiger (I think it works it Tiger, not sure though). Do you have Flash CS3, an earlier version, or a third party program?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You'll be glad to know I am using Mac Intel base chip OSX also. You might be downloading the XP version? Not sure. Flash costs 700$ so I hope you know this, but if you want the trial version you must go to the Adobe site and download Adobe Flash CS3 Trial for Mac OSX and it should be a dmg file. You open the DMG file and launch the install and should install for you. Anymore troubles just tell me, good luck!

Showing 1-2 of 2