ForumsSupport ForumAP suggestion

51 6391
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I know this has been suggested about 24928 times before.
I also know they probably won't change the AP system. But just look at it.

Im talkign baout comments and the forums

Comments-2 AP
Forum Posts-1 AP

Which doesn't make sense!For comments you can almost get points for everywhere. People are spamming and stuff sometimes the mods don't even know its there because they can't find it. They can easily find spam in the froums and lock/delete it. Poepel talk to other people a lot and it counts as comments. Talk to about 10 people at a time thats about 20 AP every 9 minutes (i just did it in my head). Its quite easy to start a conversation with some body.

So my main idea is switch the AP for forum posts to comments so its

Comments-1
Forum Posts-2

I am not sayign this because I have 2400 Forum posts

Here what I think.

The Pro of this Idea:
Spam could be caught more easily.
Poeple will not complaing that the everyone in the top 10 has tons of comments and some have like 500 forum posts.
More merits.
The ghost profile spam thing would be less effective.
More people visit the community to get the help they need.

The Con of this idea:
People with a lot of posts would have a lot more AP.
More spam could come up.

Now that I looked at the con part Maybe we could just have it

Comments-1 AP
Forums- 1 AP

• 51 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

okay. no ap for a profile post would be a bad decision almost everybody gains there ap from posting on a profile and that i think would make a lot of ppl angry

Please actually read my post before responding to it. I said that was my personal opinion, not that we were considering changing it to that. There is no reason for it to be discussed further because it is not an option.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

For April fools make the forum and comment posts worth 10 points each, people will flip out. And change it back the next day. Would be amazing.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Ofcourse I would be on that list! 8D

I would definitely be on there. Oh man, self comments are the best. "I look good today."

Anyways, I think it is a bit too late to change AP. I do think the mods should have the option to give someone more AP for a more thoughtful post though. Maybe like 5 AP if the comment is intelligent sort of like a merit. It would give people more of an incentive to post better.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Anyways, I think it is a bit too late to change AP. I do think the mods should have the option to give someone more AP for a more thoughtful post though. Maybe like 5 AP if the comment is intelligent sort of like a merit. It would give people more of an incentive to post better.

This is actually a system that would make sense. Merits for the forum. Still not sure if it is plausible, but an interesting idea indeed!
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

ummm what would be the point of that it would make ppl mad so no point of doing that.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

This is actually a system that would make sense. Merits for the forum. Still not sure if it is plausible, but an interesting idea indeed!

I don't know if it would follow the same system (Up arrow and such) but I think it would be good to put in. I do know mods can just give people merits though so maybe they could just comment their profile and say, "You have received a merit for your intelligent post in [thread]."
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

that would be a cool idea i think.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Double post Carlie? Shuuuuun.

But 25 points for a thoughtful comment on forums. It's hard to know what a thoughtful comment would be here. It's not like games comments. You do a long thoughtful one, it's good. That's it. But here there are different forums and threads and it would become hard to judge.

[EGO]Not to mention that I would have like 100 merits right now and I would have to link all the mods them so that I can get the merits i'd have if the system were up earlier! [/EGO]

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

yeah i love that idea. i think it would decrease the spam in the forums and ppl would be posting better in the forums.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Double post Carlie? Shuuuuun.

Lol, he posted while I was writing my response. And it was such a good idea I couldn't resist replying to it ;-)

P.S. I like your ego BB Code, hehehe
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

But 25 points for a thoughtful comment on forums. It's hard to know what a thoughtful comment would be here. It's not like games comments. You do a long thoughtful one, it's good. That's it. But here there are different forums and threads and it would become hard to judge.

I think the mods and admins could just talk to each other about it and then decide if it is good or not.
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yes i think that it would work.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol thanks. It's an understandable double post. It happens to me and I am like oh no, I have to double post.

@Total

But the forums get so many good posts that, it would end up mods would have to meet every day for a hundred different posts that were suggested as good. Also you'd have to implement a vote up system for the forums. Or if it was mod's job to look, they'd have to look at every post ever. Which would be troublesome also.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I don't really like that idea, I believe it should be left alone.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Roadripper has a point. i mean what is the matter with how it is now it's doing just fine.

Showing 31-45 of 51