ForumsSupport ForumTime to clean out the closet?

25 3199
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Now, what I'm talking about here is the fact that it only requires about 10 AP to beat about half of Armor Games' 120-some thousand users. I have no idea why there are so many users like that, but if all of them are sitting on the site idle, they're probably clogging up the system and maybe even making the site slower. I think it's about time to get rid of all the dead weight. Do you agree?

• 25 Replies
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

And while I'm on that subject, maybe even 6-month-old game comments and forum threads need to go, too.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I agree with you. I am sick of the ghost profiles, and the spammers, and all that. I also think that we should delete the fourm posts from pg.3 and on.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I think that if the account has been idle for 6 months, it should be deleted. The forum posts should probably stay until that long, too, unless that thread is till active.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Ghost profiles aren't hurting anyone, unless they have spam on them. If you see a profile that seems inactive (it may just be someone that comes on to check the forums for walkthroughs, or just come here to play games) and there is spam there, let us know. If not, it isn't bothering anyone.

Old comments and forum threads are kept so that people don't lose their points. Also, sometimes good threads are resurrected, if they are still pertinent. If we deleted all those threads, there would be hundreds of thousands of points lost, and people would get very angry.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i am ok with the first part but if u delete the comments made by ppl then they will lose their AP right?

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I think they should be deleted. they don't need a account to play the games so if they dont talk or anything then delte them

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Even though DragonMistress is right, I think that they should be deleted.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

i dont think six month old comments should be deleted tho ppl would lose lots of point so no to that.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I think they should be deleted. they don't need a account to play the games so if they dont talk or anything then delte them

But how is this hurting anyone? The only reason it's even a topic here, it seems, is that we can see our rank out of the entire site. What right do we have to delete people? They should be free to come here as they please, and we don't believe in restricting access, or having an activity policy. Why would we want to drive people away from our site?
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Okay i understand what your point is now. and im beginning to agree with you.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well it could be good, I would like that.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

They really do not slow down the system. If it was an issue with site speed, we would have a system in place to take care of it. But it doesn't really effect site speed.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

OK, that was all I was concerned about. If it's okay with you guys, it's fine with me.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

But it would be a lot of work for the mods and admins, because they won't have any time for giving merits or replying.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yay we have made a conclusion. lol so no need to delete them cause the site runs fine.

Showing 1-15 of 25