ForumsSupport Forumthe site needs more moderators

58 8361
Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

This site hasn't got enough moderators.
How can 5-6 mods take care of the thousands of spammers on this site????
More mods = Less spammers = Better site .
What do you think about this idea???
Please awnser

• 58 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well more mods is always better. But there is no end to that. If we made every member of the site a mod then there would be no spam? So where do we say we have enough mods? There is no real way of knowing. All I know is that the mods are doing an excellent job at maintaining the site and if ever they need more help they will get it. But right now things seem like they are doing quite well, even if they are only 5-6, which I think there are a bit more, they react quickly and are online a ton so things are good, most of the time... sometimes there is no one online, but that's not too often and they tend to fix everything when they come back online!

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well, I agree that more moderators wouldn't be a bad thing. The only problem is that there are such high standards for moderators, and you can't tell Carlie or the other mods to get more moderators because it makes them sad.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol Shark I don't think they are saddened by the fact that they would need more mods. And there a lot of great people on AG that would do well as mods if the need comes so no need to worry about standards. We have quality people here! :P

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

sure there will always be more spammers but more mods could really decimate them.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

When it comes to spammers. Falcon punch ftw.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yes but they are great mods so i see no reason for more.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I think this person: http://armorgames.com/user/Estel
will become a mod....
And yes, I agree with the idea. : ) Its good.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

When it comes to spammers. Falcon punch ftw.

Yea seriously.

I think this person: http://armorgames.com/user/Estel
will become a mod....
And yes, I agree with the idea. : ) Its good.

There are several people here I can list that should be a moderator. But its pointless because what we think doesn't mean anything to them.

Do we need more mods....no.
As long as there is one on its fine, put its kinda of fail when none of them are on....
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Yes, but now they won't. They don't pick people if other people think they should be moderators. I don't think you read how to be a Moderator very closely lol. Well, even if we get practically every member on this site, their will always still be some spam. No one is perfect.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

No Klaus. Don't do it. If we make everyone a Moderator, they'll be no point if this site. I'll be packing my baggie if that happens. The forum game is a 50-50 chance of being good and the Moderators and admins might not think your taking it seriously but the other 50, they might not make the person you think should be a moderator. Make the game right after we get our pigs flying with some wings.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol I think everyone should be mods. Cause then we would all be happy and wouldn't have unhappy people saying I want to be mod. OMG IDEA FOR A FORUM GAME. afk

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Moderatos are chosen when the current Moderators/Admins feel that the user is ready. Most Moderators are handpicked, but if you think you are ready, go to the contact page and send Dan and the crew a message.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

My forum game has nothing to do with chosing real mods. Don't worry. Anyways I think the mods are fine as they are now. If they need help they will get it, end of discussion.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

well another person who could be a mod is jeffwak906 he would be a good one absolutely and estel too

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Naming people to be mod isn't really helping much. If anything you could end up jeopardizing them if a mod thinks the asked you to say that stuff. Saying someone is good won't help anything. If they are good the mods will notice them and said person will become a mod if need be.

Showing 1-15 of 58