ForumsSupport ForumThe Spam Streak

14 2379
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I just thought of this while thinking of how to help get rid of spamming. We could have a word called,"How much times did you spam today?" under their ranking. It will show how many times the person spamed today obviously. It could help get rid of the Mirror and smoke around here for the spammers and we can bring them down and ban then. I think it can work but it will probably be hard to make.

• 14 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well how would it know how much he spammed? Not sure if this would be very nice, would look weird also. And How Much Times Did You Spam Today is not a word. LOL SORRY! Not to be a downer but I don't like this idea. But a way of shaming the spammers to the rest of AG would be good, but another way would be needed to be found. Could be funny if the spammer has the title of SPAMMER when he posts(like, under his name) and when he stops spamming it could say RECOVERING SPAMMER under his name for a while LMAO.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Theres an idea. Have a counter of how many times their comments were flagged and deleted? Maybe at a certain number you get a day ban and it goes back to 0 for a fresh start?

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

i agree with drakokirby, i think it's a good idea. I also think there sould be somthing that shoes how many of a user's comments have been flagged

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

maybe insead it could be spam as in '5 words or less' cause it wouldnt kno wat spam is and isnt

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Theres an idea. Have a counter of how many times their comments were flagged and deleted? Maybe at a certain number you get a day ban and it goes back to 0 for a fresh start?

That would almost work, but there would be way to much random flagging. And what if it was deleted from someones profile for no reason? Like by the people who like to keep their walls clean? (Wow.... is it just me or does that last sentence sounds dirty?)
pudniskool
pudniskool
30 posts
Nomad

that would be kool but hard 2 do

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well, what would bug me would be that, if some random idiot decided to flag my comment or mark it as spam, it would show up on my profile forever unless we did the refresh thing.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

People would just flag the comments of people who they don't like.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

There are certain reasons as to why we have not implemented systems like this. We have thought abut such things. Yes, we want to discourage spamming, but we do not want to publicly humiliate people. Embarrassing people is not what we are about. It is hard to come up with a nice compromise, that holds people accountable, and yet is not done in a 'mean' fashion.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

You wont know if they were really spamming or not which would make aapplying this off track and people might possibly get banned for no reason.

rocketsrule
rocketsrule
236 posts
Nomad

That would be too complicated though

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I agree with Carlie. to Spam is one thing, but to embarass the spammer is another. Most spammers don't know what they're doing (EX:New to the site) And they don't really know the full of the site. So I disagree with this.

And "How many times have you spammed today" Is not a word. :P

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Sounds good, but honestly, how many people flag comments?

I've seen 1 word comments on games, censored swearing, insults, etc. -- nobody flags these things, which is why I think the system won't work.

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

this idea wont work at all in my opinion, You dont want to embarass people or ban them for no reason, AND how could you really know they are spamming? spaming is just commenting, So this idea wont work at all, but it would be ok with me if it showed How many times the person commented and rated games and all the other stuff thats gives you points

Showing 1-14 of 14