ForumsSupport ForumYou're being spammy!

18 3083
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I made this thread because I think that people are being too obsessed with spam. There are some people who seem to LIVE FOR finding a spammer and giving them a warning. They like it so much that they even look for posts where someone puts one of those "I agree" posts ONCE so that they can tell that person off. I'll admit, it's not a very helpful post, but that person obviously wasn't in it for the AP if they said it ONCE, it was unintentional. I think that everybody's getting too sensitive. What's your input?

• 18 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

That hurt my brain.......but I read through it again, and I agree. If you see spam o well, flag it and move on.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Most people look for spam these days such as

Threads
Multiple posts of spam
Innapropriate conversations
Things that don't make sense

And so on and so on. Some people report spam for AP which is unfair, and ironically, spam itself.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I agree, people are so obsessed about telling people that they are spamming, they will end up spamming too. (Does that make any sense?)

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

[quote=kevin44]I agree, people are so obsessed about telling people that they are spamming, they will end up spamming too. (Does that make any sense?)[/quote]

Wow, that post confused me.

Anyways, yeah, it doesnt have to be so strict when the person only posts "I agree." once!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

In my opinion, spam is spam regardless if the person did it once. It takes only that one time to multiply to other people, leaving other one word comments or insults or begin conversations. It's ridiculous.

When you become selective with spam, people can just simply stay under the radar because 'they did it only once'.

But that's just me.

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

dont even warn the spammer cause thats going to make you one, i agree with skater kid (im not spamming in this "i agree&quot, just flag it and move on

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

I dont even think you should care about spammers let them lose thgere whole life on spamming instead on real life. Just let them be only if you see a spam comment, just flag it. And first think if you really want to tatle on spammers all day, Why are you doing it? just to not let them in the top 10, Its just a record board it aint going to make you rich...

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

Did you read the whole comment i sent? I said flag it and move on with your life, Not just leave them be.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Okay, if you didn't care for spammers, then there would be more because, well, nobody cares about them so the will continue to spam. We have to care so we can stop it.

Ummm... What?
HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

well yeah Gelasius if you want to stop spammers go on im not stopping you, im just saying this is a website you dont get real fame in it so there is no use to stop spammers. Im just going to play games for fun and comment for questions and such.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Right -- I mean, spammers spam to get points or get a rise out of people on this website. Others, like myself play games and comments. So if Gelasius wants to stop spammers, then the more power to him.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

um....I don't really bother looking for spammers,and alot of the spam on here is a matter of opinion.If it really is spam,then the person would have already been banned.To tell you the truth most of the things people consider spam are not the "aha" or the "IIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMM NNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKEEEEEDDDDDD" comments.It's usually something like "I agree with this topic".That is not spam,even though it is repetitive,and can get annoying to hear.Too many people say "I agree,I agree"and I really get sick of it,but that doesn't mean I'm going to flag every thread that says it.Anyways I'm not exactly sure what my point is,but what spam is,is really a matter of opinion.Like take the comment from bucknaked(he got banned like 3 times I think)What one person could see as spam,another person could see as a use of freedom of speech.Of course that is unlikely though.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Ummm... Moderators are made to stop spammers and to help users... So if all people on this site were like you, InTheZone, Armor Games would crash and burn. :P

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

why would armorgames crash and burn just spammers try to go to the top 100. Why care about them and crimsonblade has a point, some people dont mean to spam by saying i agree with him

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

No it wouldn't :P

In fact, the Spamming Orcs would be defeated. That's the way I see things (around here anyway).

My point was, if you really want to stop spam, then flag it (like helldud said) and leave it be. But I suppose Crimson has a point, when it comes to spam, it's a matter of definition and what defines spam.

I'm sure the moderators have an answer for that!

Showing 1-15 of 18