The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming Forum[necroing: Don't effing do it] I wanna be Game Maker!

14 9093
rumen
rumen
307 posts
Nomad

Sry,this thread has been already posted by someone...but i will post it too.
I'm 14 boy in Bulgaria and all my friends can program (c++,java,etc...i dunno). Also i like flash games and when i find some good flash game,i wonder how much time and skills do i need to make such game.
Yea,i like to study,especially maths,which is near programming
So,please,someone here post a link to a program which can create game and/or a link to a book where it says how to program. I know those books are expencive,so i will not give my money for something i'm not 100% i will do well...
I will really apreciate (spell?) if you help.

• 14 Replies
Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

yea buy flash CC3 if u have $700 to spare

rumen
rumen
307 posts
Nomad

i mean free...torents,etc

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Is Bulgaria in the European union? I think yes, so I think students can buy flash CS5 (the latest version) for 149$ I think. Otherwise you can download flashdevelop for free, and you can create actual flash games with it, but it's far more difficult to use than good old flash cs5. About the learning, if you buy flash you just have to learn the scripting language, actionscript 3, and this is a very good tutorial. if you use flashdevelop you'll need to learn to use it, because it's not as user friendly as flash, and this is a good tutorial. the tutorials are both free.
You can download a 30 days trial of flash cs5, so I suggest you to first read the as3 tutorial, then dowload the free version and see if you are really interested. Then if you can buy flash is better.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well instead of being a Pirate arrgh....

heres a free way to make flash games Fixel

akunu
akunu
35 posts
Nomad
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

Not only are torrents illegal, but extremely dangerous and can contain viruses like trojans, spyware, etc.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

It's against site rules to discuss this subject so don't.

Not only are torrents illegal, but extremely dangerous and can contain viruses like trojans, spyware, etc.

Wrong, many thing get legally torrented and laws depend on where you live. They are not dangerous if you know what you are doing. Don't spread your biased misinformation around just because you don't understand what you are talking about.

But this subject is not permitted by AG so we shall just leave it alone.

For the OP I would recommend python, which is an easy language to learn and the most taught first year intro programming course. Then get pygame which is just a set of highly developed modules for python that makes actually making visual games with python relatively easy.

Links:

Python
Intro resources
Pygame
Pygame and python intro pdf

Also it's all free.
eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

i wanna a game maker.
AG gives point for submit game

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

I wanna be Game Maker!

Me too. Who does not want to be a game maker?
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

I do too, thats why I'm going to go to film school.

arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

There is no legal way to download Adobe flash with a torrent. The company does not permit such actions. And torrent sites are dangerous, because they take bits of files from various computers, and can easily be infected with viruses and spyware. The best advice is to not use torrents.

Using unauthorized torrents is piracy!

Remember that flash is expensive for a reason. The development of the program takes extensive research and programming by a team of professionals. Also, the target group is very small, so the product will not sell to many.

Showing 1-11 of 14