ForumsSupport ForumWhat Games do the Mods and Admins check?

23 4537
HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

I've been wondering this for a really long time but i hope i get an mods or admins help, But this is a question for merits, So I was really wondering do they check the recent games only, check one type of genre, for each admins and mod, or they check all games for merits? Please help

• 23 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

That's a silly question :P

Admins or mods will check any game, so long as it's been voted up. If the comment has been voted up, mods/admins will give it a look and see if it's merit-worthy.

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

Well I can't speak for the mods, but I do know that DragonMistress gave me a merit in late July for a comment I made in February. So they don't totally forget about old comments/games.

I'm sure the official response will be "We try our hardest to search through ALL the game comments, but we are only human and can only do so much." However, they do usually do a good job at keeping on top of recent games.

@ InTheZone: Voting up doesn't work like flagging. It doesn't send them a message for it to be individually reviewed, it only makes the text bigger. If they don't actually see the comment, they won't notice it.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Sorry, *any game COMMENT.

But I'm sure it takes time for some comments to get noticed. Let's not forget, your comment may not even fit within the standards of even being merit-worthy.

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

o ok thanks cause i thought they never checked the old games

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

REALLY?

Well, I'll be damned. I guess you do learn a new thing everyday. Thanks for the info Eyes!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

While they do check every game for comments when they get to them, they usually use their Merit probing devices on the most recent games(on the Homepage), so if you want to get a merit quick, you'd best be on your way over there =D

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

yeah thats what i wanted to know, cause mods and admins COULD be lazy enought to check the recent ones.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

We try our hardest to search through ALL the game comments, but we are only human and can only do so much.

Just kidding ) Anyway, personally, I have a tendancy to go back through old games, I actually use the "Random Game" feature quite often. I do wander on the new games, but I think more of the moderators check the new games, so I try not to step on toes and go do my own thing.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Most mods search the newest games.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

For all you beginner merit commenters, go for the newest games. They are always checked first. Also pick very loved games like Sonny. Some Moderators like going through all games so thats why Total Review's all games is helpful.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

It's a shame there can't be a merit system (similar to flagging) - but I guess people would just abuse it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

We tend to check all sorts of games. The new ones get checked pretty often, but we also go back and check the older games as well.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

I'm guessing they check all games

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

@ mrtim:

It is the 'Up Vote' button. It is for comments that you think are great, and might deserve a merit. Clicking the arrow makes the comments stand out more (larger text and bolder), so that the comment is more visible to moderators when we are looking for merit worthy comments.

So says Carlie. I'm guessing what InTheZone wants is a button that will NOTIFY the mods of Merit worthy comments (much like the flagging option does for spam comments).
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

You are stalking me Eyes!!!! o_O

Showing 1-15 of 23