ForumsSupport ForumBB Code.

12 2798
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think that it should be allowed in comments.

I don't see why it is not...

• 12 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Because do you know what BB code stands for?It stands for Bulletin Board code.As in its made for forums,not comments.URLs are automatically linked,and if they allowed images to be posted then that could lead to tons of issues,such as lagging.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Oh ok thanks. I see now.

I was just thinking about Bold, Italics, and what not.

:P

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well I don't think you can only make certain BB code available.If you make one BB code usable on something,then you have to make all of them usable.At least I think that's the deal.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah that makes sense.

Well whatever thanks

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well I actually thought about it,and they did do something like this in the about.I think there may be another reason for it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I am actually sure why this is not allowed. However, it could be because people could bold comments, to make them look as if they have been merited. But as to what the real reason is, I don't know.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

oh wow I forgot about that.Only comments that have been awarded merits get bolded.Plus you don't want to have any pictures or links in them.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

You can already post images in comments though.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

really?I never bothered trying.I always assumed that you couldn't though.I will keep that in mind from now on.The reason is that images can lag down a persons browser,and so I thought it would be a bad idea to allow.

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

well I am assuming too many images on one page because doesn't each page technically have a different link so it wouldn't really lag or spam someone's browser? if I am understanding what your saying.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

You mean the actual image or a link to that image? Anywho, BB Code would've been cool if you could use it selectively (i.e. only italics, underline, etc. NO bold and NO text increase) -- although, I feel the comments are doing already just looking plain, ain't nothing wrong with simplicity :P

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

You mean the actual image or a link to that image?

You can put actual images in comments. Not just the links.
Showing 1-12 of 12