ForumsSupport ForumSubmitting comments

12 2614
Lord_Loralell
Lord_Loralell
28 posts
Nomad

I don't know if this has been brought up but there should be a minimum amount of words you write in a comment like 5 or 10 or something so people don't just write in lots of things to get points. ?

• 12 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well for game comments sure,but not regular comment since there are certain threads that wouldn't work if that was implemented.Also I think there may be other complications to this.

masta_cheef
masta_cheef
670 posts
Nomad

This is quite a good idea! but most spam comments are more than 10 words like for example "Check out my new [Example] Club It's totally awesome! PM me for details!" but I still think it's a good idea.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

They would find the easy loophole of just pressing random letters. A lot of random letters. Just have a filter for some important games and work your way up to getting every game a filter.

Lord_Loralell
Lord_Loralell
28 posts
Nomad

yeah i only meant comments in games.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

It is a great idesa only people could just do a letter than space a letter then space but its a good idea.

scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

hmm , good idea however , some people like to give the whole details about their opinion of the game eg

GRAPHICS-i give it 10
SOUND-i give it 9
etc etc

so sometimes its best not to have a word limit

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

They already have something like that, it's just that people don't necessarily flag those one word comments or comments that don't make sense.

It's been discussed and debated before. There's a 7 word minimum, anything under would be considered spam (unless looked at). In order to code a way of filtering out rubbish or having a message pop up (i.e. "You must write a 7 word minimum&quot, it could take quite a while. Even then people would just write 'ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, gay, ok, ok" or some other jibberish.

If you want to combat rubbish comments and strike down upon those who don't contribute anything important, then I suggest using the flag wherever you go.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it's better to flag the comments because people will always find a way to get around it like typing after "7 word limit" or something like that.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

This is an idea that has been brought up quite a few times before. But I think that it would just cause a new way to get around spamming. Instead of '0/10 its bad!' we would just get stuff like '0/10 its really bad bad bad bad bad." Limiting words does not necessarily mean that we would get an increase in constructive comments. Just a different way to get around it.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Yeah, this wouldn't slow down spam at all. It's just best to use the flag and move on.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yawn.but people should..i dont know im tired.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yeah Carlie has a good point.

Showing 1-12 of 12