ForumsProgramming ForumWhole guide on flash and how to post games.

4 3303
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

People keep whining about flash and how to post games here is a guide to help you

Most common questions.

Can I use game maker or another program?
NO you can't must use flash game maker isn't good!

Were can I get flash?
Go buy it or download trail version.

How to make a game?
Get flash then start making one if you don't know flash or action script and have no previous knowledge of programming then your starting from scratch and I would recommend go buy a book like I did.

Ok i've made one were can I post it on ag!
Woah calm down lets go through the checklist.
1)Did you buy flash?
2)Is this your completed product?
3)Are you sure its worthy (not something you put together in 5 mins.)
4)The you can continue

Where can I post a game?
Post it here http://armorgames.com/submit

===================================================================
If your planning to make a game and post it on ag. You must be sure you want this and you must be dedicated this is not easy. It's really hard so make sure you want to do this. The software isn't free or cheap and the learning curve is really high! This isn't something you do because your bored or want to get money. It because you want to make a game and want people to enjoy it.

• 4 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Hey maybe you can make a list on how to make tutorials on forums.

First thing would be to check if there already is a tutorial like it: just like you should've done! But you didn't, so you missed like 3 tutorials talking all about this already.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Obviously no one reads the sticked comments anyway so I made this. I've seen so many comments on the topic and your guide wasn't helping.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well 6 pages of thank you's and people replying on my thread says otherwise. Also the e-mails I receive thanking me for the wonderful thread and possibly asking more. Saying no one reads stickies is ignorant, and even if no one did having something like this which is not even of the same caliber of detail. You just "half assed" this while I spent tons of time crafting mine to make sure people knew what they were doing. This is a pile of confusion.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

Obviously no one reads the sticked comments anyway so I made this.

Look at the number of views on the sticky "How to make games."

And this guide isn't more helpful than the others ones that were made. It has a few spelling and grammar errors. And there should be links to where people can get flash.
Showing 1-4 of 4