ForumsSupport ForumQuestion and Answer

20 3400
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but if it has, just please politely tell me:

Ok, this idea is another attempt to stop the "What are merits" etc. threads. I was thinking that there could be a bar, and you could type in a simple question like "What are merits." Then, a page comes up that shows you the answer OR gives you a link to where you can find out. The same with other simple questions like "What is AP" and other things. Whatcha think?

• 20 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Sounds a lot like Yahoo! Answers, but for AG!

It's a very cool idea (i.e. ASK JEEVES was pretty lame, but hey, he still directed to right links). I'd like to see it most definitely, but then there are two problems: coding (unless AG partnered with Yahoo! just for the search function) and the fact that people might not necessarily use it.

A lot of new people disregard stickied threads and ask their question anyway, it seems inevitable. But there's definitely nothing wrong with trying it out (well, time wasted, etc. but still worth it, no?)

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Lol yeah this may not be needed.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well I think this would be called a FAQ section.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, they could always just look at the Help page...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I think that was already suggested skater kid who pwns.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Just put a message on there profile, automatically. it comes up for all new members with the links on it allready. How about that?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah...I suggested it moore then once i think. lol And call me skater its easyer to type.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Anyways FAQ systems are used in a large amount of sites,and they never do seem to help me,so I think it may not really be worth it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

They Help section already has an FAQ:
[url]http://armorgames.com/page/help#faq[/url]

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

carlie, you are so smart.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

LOL Skater. Anyway, I doubt anyone reads the help page. I know I didn't =D 9/10 new players want to get AP right away, spam or not.

Akusonas
Akusonas
11 posts
Nomad

Sounds like a good suggestion to me.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Really, the search idea could have other applications, like finding a thread you posted on earlier, but if it doesn't turn into reality, it wouldn't matter to me.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

LOL Skater. Anyway, I doubt anyone reads the help page. I know I didn't =D 9/10 new players want to get AP right away, spam or not.

Well, members ignorance to find the answers on their own is kind of their own fault then. We have made sure to put the Help page in a very visible spot, and include a FAQ. And yet, most people don't even use it. Seems silly to go and make an entirely new complicated system just because people are too lazy to go and click the 'Help' link.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, if they don't read the help section, why would they read the Q&A section?

Showing 1-15 of 20