27 3931
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Idea
Assistant's

Description
Simple as this. Just members who can take questions, help point new embers into the right direction. Basically everything a mod has to do, without the powers. This way, the mods and especially admins aren't waking up and logging on to see 300 comments piled up ^_^

Where this works
We have this implemented onto our site and it is currently working great! I can actually kick back and enjoy the site for what it is.

Yay...Nay?

• 27 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Nay. This idea has already been suggested by me, firetail_madness, and skater_kid_who_pwns in the name "mini-mods" and the idea was shot down.

It's either you are a full mod, or a normal member, there is nothing in between.

scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

Good idea but I say nay , my reason being , well the mods are doing things fine , if say things get out of hand and mods can't handle all of this then yes assistants will be useful but else , nope

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yes, the mods are doing a great job already, they are really keeping the site clean!

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Little bit confused here.

As the "Assistants" will be "Taking over" the moderators "Jobs" (Hehe loads of quotation marks ^_^), wouldn't they become "Mods" without the Moderators knowing they're "Mods"?

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yes, that is kind of true... and that is why this idea won't work, as Carlie said, you are either a full mod or a normal member...

Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

If I would say Yay or Nay it would have to be Yay because it sounds like a pretty good idea to me being a mod seems like alot of hard work anyway.

Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

Eh, they won't let us.

Yes I know, very annoying isn't it Firetail?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I already suggested mini-mods, same as yours, it was shot down =( Ask shayneii.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Eh, they won't let us.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

That sounds pretty cool to me.

I think that'll help the Mods a tremendous amount

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This is completely useless. You can complain that they don't change anything but you need to think up good ideas instead of taking ideas that were utterly rejected and change one little thing in them, then saying it's a new idea and that everything is rejected. Be original and maybe you will see something happen.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah..i already suggested this but its worded differently..

Showing 16-27 of 27