ForumsSupport ForumSearch within Community

12 2639
Odwraca
Odwraca
37 posts
Nomad

If there is this capability I have not located it on the site. So if there is please ignore this and point me in the right direction... It would be nice to have a Search box somewhere to view posts from certain users or the ability to just search for anything in general within the Community Forums. I.E i was looking for more information on the merit system earlier and I really spent a significant amount of time reading through stuff that was completely unnecessary. Anyhow if this does exist then can someone please point me the right way?

• 12 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

We used to have this feature, but it was removed because it was causing some issues with how the site ran. Hopefully it will be fixed up, and re-implemented. We get this suggestion quite a lot =)

Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

The games feature is also working funny.And the community search never worked well.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

What problem are you experiencing with the game search?

Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

Me?Well sometimes when I type Free Rider 2 it will show a ton of games and including Portal the Flash Game Version.It needs to be alot more advanced.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

No, that's because you wrote too much. Just write "free" and you'll get lesser results, plus free rider 2.

Bogga1314
Bogga1314
109 posts
Nomad

maybe im thinking of the wrong thing?
but are we talking about a way to search for like topics and threads within the "community"?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Me?Well sometimes when I type Free Rider 2 it will show a ton of games and including Portal the Flash Game Version.It needs to be alot more advanced.

I am pretty sure how it works, is that it will pull all the tags for the words that you typed in. So it searches titles and tags.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I think there should be a title search and a tag search so we don't get annoyed.

Bogga1314
Bogga1314
109 posts
Nomad

well it cant be much different from what it does on youtube, you can either search for the title,or you can search for the tags, but regardless your gonna get both.

Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

Oh thanks Firetail but for Free Rider type Rider because only 4 games come up including FRee Rider and Free Rider 2!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Oops, I meant rider! My bad. Free gives out a lot of results. Of course, don't try 2...

Odwraca
Odwraca
37 posts
Nomad

What about Boolean type search? the use of "and" "or" etc????

Showing 1-12 of 12