ForumsForum GamesAG lottery

23 6907
kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

**this has been approved by mods.**

this is a lottery for AP!
I will think of a number with 3 digits from 0-9, and you will guess it!

buuuuut.....you have to answer a random trivia question for your guess to count!
if you win, CHA-CHING! merit!
if you get 2 right, you get a credit!
20 credits= a merit!

each week i will change the question.

heres the first question, and dont use yahoo answers plz.

"how long was the shortest war on record?"

• 23 Replies
infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

um 198?
The Anglo-Zanzibar War was fought between the United Kingdom and Zanzibar on 27 August 1896. With a duration of only 38 minutes, it holds the record of being the shortest war in recorded history.

bballdunker20
bballdunker20
418 posts
Nomad

Yea its the Anglo-Zanzibar War.
My number is 564

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

That is verbatim plagiarized from WikiAnswers. Not only is plagiarism against the rules of this site, but the rules of this game also state that you should not use a search engine to find the answer. Please do not participate if you are not going to follow the rules.

yes, and the next time that somebody does that, they will be banned from the AG lottery. thank you carlie.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

The Anglo-Zanzibar War was fought between the United Kingdom and Zanzibar on 27 August 1896. With a duration of only 38 minutes, it holds the record of being the shortest war in recorded history.

That is verbatim plagiarized from WikiAnswers. Not only is plagiarism against the rules of this site, but the rules of this game also state that you should not use a search engine to find the answer. Please do not participate if you are not going to follow the rules.

145?
kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

from this one, yes.
next week, no.
as long as i don't see plagiarism.

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

k i withdraw =(

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

k sorry

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I'll stay with 613

Serenade_Shotgun
Serenade_Shotgun
472 posts
Nomad

One problem with the game, (I'm not dissing the game) but, people can just see what everyone else said.. I mean they could be wrong... but I honestly know the answer is Anglo-Zanzibar war. My friend studies war a lot, so I learned this recently. =D

Uhmm...

444! =D

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

yes. that is bad. but i am not saying if you are right or not!

NeoStarblaze7
NeoStarblaze7
102 posts
Nomad

The Shortest War in History
My brother has been feeding me these ridiculous-but-true facts all day now (I am guessing he was literally saving them for a rainy day)... and there was one that really stuck out in my mind. That of the British-Zanzibar War, the shortest war in history. So I decided to google this so-called war to find out more about it. What I found was an intriguing journal entry written by the incredibly mysterious Sultan of Zanzibar. What follows is a series of fateful entries written on the day of the war.

August 22, 6am

Dearest Journal, today I have been appointed the SULTAN of ZANZIBAR! How sweet is that? Of course, given the circumstances of my appointment, I must take this job with merely a grin instead of a full-blown crescent moon smile. My father, the long-time Sultan Tad Storkensburg, died last night of irritable bowel syndrome. I think there was something in his Zanzibarian Burger that really disagreed with him. Alas, I mourn my father's gruesome and disgusting death, and I welcome my new title of Sultan! It's so much cooler than "Saltine."

My first act as Sultan is to stand up to those awful Brits. The Brits and the Germans have been fighting over my island for years now, and I'm damn sick and tired of it. The Brits keep wanting this island so they can move into Africa, the Germans want this island so they can put a Volkswagon factory on it. Zanzibar is my homeland, as obscure and ridiculous as that sounds, and I will not let it slip into the hands of the straightbacks from the north! So, after speaking with Germany, they've decided to back me up as I stand up to the Brits. My dad had good relations with those limey bastards for years, but now that he's out of the way I'm gonna kick some ass!

August 22, 1896 9am

Dearest journal, I just declared war on the Brits. I know what you're thinking... I'm in office for three hours and I already declared war on the biggest nation in the world. Maybe I was a little hasty, but I stand by my decision. I declared war about twenty minutes ago, and I'm ready for whatever they are going to throw at me! I have 2,500 Arab troops ready and willing to be slaughtered for the well-being of Zanzibar. I also have this really boss gold cannon from 1658. Back in the day, I hear, we used to use this cannon for everything... we even fought off the Egyptians or something. But ever since then it's been sitting in front of the Zanzibarian Court House just collecting dust. I also got this sweet old ship... it's like a wooden viking boat. Only it's not a viking boat because vikings didn't come down here... often.

August 22, 1896 9:05am

Dear J-Dog, The British are pretty much surrounding the island with their large-ass ships. Any normal Sultan would be thinking he had made a mistake, but I know I'm doing the right thing. I will be the Sultan to end all Sultans! Let it be known that Reggie Storkensburg, The Sultan of Zanzibar, was the most courageous leader ever. With the exception of Jesus. Anyways, right now we are sort of waiting... my troops are just sitting on the beaches playing card games and volleyball and the British keep cocking their rifles at us. I hope something happens pretty soon, I have a tennis date with the Czar of Uberbeckingstand at noon. Did I spell his country right? Oh well, no one's gonna read this anyways.

August 22, 1896 9:15am

Shit! Snap! Dag! Holy flaming crap! The Brits have decided to start shooting cannon balls at my island! One shot took out 500 of my troops, who were in the middle of a round robin volleyball tournament on the north shore! I have decided to bring out my golden cannon, which I have named "Fat Man." I have three cannon balls, which I have named "Little Boy." Those Brits are going to have some trouble coming there way as soon as Fat Man shoots the Little Boys!

August 22, 1896 9:25am

This isn't going at all like I had planned.

August 22, 1896 9:35am

Okay, okay, okay, all of my troops are dead. That's what I get for hiring all these Arabs to do the job... everyone knows Arabs can't swim! My viking ship has been totally destroyed, even worse they spray painted a giant space gun on the side of it before they set it on fire. Those British sure do know how to make you feel stupid. Although I must stay that they aren't nearly as polite as everyone thinks. Let's just hope my cannon holds out!

August 22, 1896 9:37am

Murphy's Law kicked in... my uber-boss cannon just burst into flames! It's made of gold, how did this happen?!

August 22, 1896 9:45am

Dear Journal, you are now looking at the former Sultan of Zanzibar... that's right. I gave up. I couldn't take it anymore! The Brits had me backed up against the wall here. And so after 45 minutes of being pummeled by these jerks, I gave up. I kinda forgot that my population consisted of just 2,500 Arabs, and since they were all dead now... I figured I might as well cut my losses and live to rule another day. Luckily, my sausage-welding friends from Middle Europe, let me stay at their consulate. Those Germans are alright, ya know? I mean, they really know what they are doing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they really make a difference in the world. I'd stake my Sultan reputation on it.

Anyways, goodbye my lovely journal... the Germans won't allow me to bring this into the consulate, so I must leave it on this board and float it out to sea. Maybe someday those Brits will find it and see all of the stuff I said about em. Won't they feel bad!

-33-
Wow. That Sultan was a cool dude.

NeoStarblaze7
NeoStarblaze7
102 posts
Nomad

Im not particpating i am only giving facts that i found...

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

i kinda think you should get a merit for those journal entries!

NeoStarblaze7
NeoStarblaze7
102 posts
Nomad

Yeah but im not really merit crazy even though i wouldnt mind a merit...=D

atb182
atb182
80 posts
Nomad

the anglo-zanzabar war. and i guess 317

Showing 1-15 of 23