ForumsProgramming ForumFlash Animation

55 11408
gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

I bet you are saying, "Wow, another topic on free programs. And guess who the author is, gman1000..."

Well, this time I really need your help. I am looking to go into making little flash animated movies with my friend. *This is what I was making a website for. So, I need a hopefully free flash animator. I would also likes some tips to get me started.

Thanks,
gman1000

• 55 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Are you looking for a program or a person to make animations. And since when are you making a website? What is it? Need more info. What kind of videos, how long, sound?

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Okay, here I go.

I am making a website. I haven't started since I haven't created any animations.

I am looking into making them myself. I will also do sound (going to buy a mic).

They will be 5-15 min. each.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

A 5 to 15 minute flash video that is good takes months of work you know that right. And for your purpose I would just suggest a wordpress blog. If you plan on getting your own domain then just install wordpress. Unless you want to start spending tons of money. And you will have to pay for any decent animation program that I know of. Sorry?

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Would 3-D Flash Animator 4 work? Is it decent?

I have heard of wordpress. What is it?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Wordpress is a program that you install to your website(very easy) and it makes an entire website for you where you can post like a blog.

Like this:
http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/

You can either have it on wordpress and have a name.wordpress.com or you can download and install to your own site.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Oops forgot about that. Well I don't think a 3d program would do good for 2d videos! :S

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Okay, makes sense. Now,

Would 3-D Flash Animator 4 work? Is it decent?

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Well, you know, make it 2-D, but look 3-D... What do you think would work best? Could you give a top ten or something?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol I don't think that's such a good idea.

Your best choice would be look for an older version of flash from macromedia, I am sure you could find one on ebay or something!

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Why an older version?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You can get an older version for less than 700$?

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

No, WHY the older version?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yeah. Thats the reason. Because it won't cost you 700 dollars and is fine for making flash videos! XD

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Oh! Okay, how much does it cost? Remember I want good animation, but I would prefer it free, if at all possible.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well they don't sell it anymore but if you search you might find one cheap. I might be able to help you find a cheap one if you chat with me on MSN.

Showing 1-15 of 55