ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3751592
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

What happened to tuna?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ubertuna is currently on an indefinite hiatus from AG due to issues in his personal life occupying his time. We have not (as of yet) appointed a new judge but may have to do so at this rate.

What say you guys?

kuraikane
kuraikane
201 posts
Nomad

I say go with the new judge...

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

I agree

jediboy277
jediboy277
149 posts
Peasant

NEW JUDGE! NEW JUDGE!
I nominate Strop.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Strop was the former judge. I hope he'll be willing to take his former role. If he can't though, I don't have any problem with our other artistic mods like NoNameC68 or Zophia.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

If you thought Ubertuna was slow you'll find me glacial: I quit judging all events due to work and study commitments and since those have only increased, I will not be considering judging anything in the indefinite future.

Also this round I was particularly pleased with my writing :P

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

If all else fails, we could have a non-mod judge willing to consistently judge and have a mod award the merit. At this point, that actually doesn't sound like too bad of a deal.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Ok, I know I have nothing really to do with this thread, but I feel NoNameC68 should be judge. He has a good take on poetry and stuff. Plus as far as I know has nothing to time consuming going on. So yeah.

*mumbles something and walks away*

jediboy277
jediboy277
149 posts
Peasant

NEW JUDGE! NEW JUDGE!
I nominate NoNameC68.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Also this round I was particularly pleased with my writing :P

Yeah. . .I thought I had a shot at winning, but then I read yours and now I'm hoping for an honorable mention.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I say get it judged....I don't care who does it...just someone...

*Rings Shakespeare*

Oh...what a shame, Old Bill was to busy to judge for us....

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

What about Estel, devoidless, or dank? Any moderator would do.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Either a mod or a very articulate user would be a good judge choice. But an articulate user not involved in this contest round. . . . . . .

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@ alt-
We could have a panel of 3 or so articulate users vote or we could ring up a mod who hasn't posted like Moe or Estel.

Showing 721-735 of 3868