ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3750377
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

If you guys ever want some time off I wouldn't mind judging.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Could you please judge this one then, wolf? I'll resume my spot in another contest or two, but I've been busy lately with the start of school and such. Just make sure the next theme is 'Submerged' or 'Underwater' or something to that effect. I wanna continue the theme progression.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

blargh. I've lost almost all faith in my little peice of poetry... ,_,

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Well if no one else has a problem with it then certainly. Okay, well since I'm judging this one my submission is no good (o well). Anyway I am really tired and just got home and it's 1:15 am. I apologize for the further delay, but fear not I shall have it done tomorrow afternoon.

XXXXDEATHXXXX
XXXXDEATHXXXX
1 posts
Nomad

wtf is this forum about?

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Try going to the first page, if you are indeed talking about this particular thread. If you meant the AMW, it's where you post any Art, Music, or Writing.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

5th Place: Parsat
4th Place: Wajor59
3rd Place: Gantic
2nd Place: Nichodemus
1st Place and Merit Winner: SirNoobalot

Many of you had fantastic entries and it took me well over 2 hours to contemplate and decide who should place where and why. SirNoobalot wrote a poem that reflects human emotion and the nature of death. It also drew connections from this death to the theme of waves. This was extremely hard for me to pick but I had to pick someone and all of you have done a tremendous job. If there are any comments, questions or concerns regarding this don't be afraid to message me.

-Wolf

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Hey Wolf...you still need to pick a theme.
Congrats everybody who won.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Hyper: Alt already stipulated that the next theme is along the lines of "submerged" or "underwater" in page 252.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Oh, thank you so much for doing the judging for me this time. I'll do my best to judge this week.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Anytime, just let me know.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Wow I didn't evenplace. That's hard on my self esteem...Oh well, thanks for judging in the stead of Alt, Wolf; now let's move on from this appalling and shameful defeat!

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

As I said it was hard to pick a top 5. Now I know how you guys feel XD

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Infinite oceans lash at me,
Plunging me down with nowhere to flee,
Endlessly waiting for what shan't arrive,
Dropping into a lethal dive.

Gleaming the sea of insanities,
Cursing my mind, at my knees,
Overboard I have thrown the brain,
Asking myself if I'm really sane.

Can I breathe in this death deluge,
Spinning my head in a centrifuge,
Endlessly hoping my life will end,
Soon the deeps will become my friend.

Screaming alone, in a padded room,
Cursing this spiral to my doom,
I'm treading water without my feet,
A lunatics' end I will meet.

---------------

Following the 'Submerged' half of the theme, in case you were wondering. I took a less literal approach, making more a depth-of-insanity type thing. Hopefully it will quality.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

*****Congratulations, Sir N!*****

Thank you Wolf for selflessly tanking your own merit worthy poem to step up to the plate and pitch hit for Alt! (pssst), thanks for placing me.

To: Moon, It's because of your poetry that inspired me to at least try to write some of my own! If merits are easily obtained, we wouldn't feel so proud to gain it.

To: E Orion, I totally get it! Besides, you mentioned, "Dropping into a lethal dive.", and again, "Gleaming the sea of insanities,". Plus at other times you refer to a loss of breath or at least a difficulty with breathing. Good job!

Showing 2446-2460 of 3868