ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3147609
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Hmm... who is going to take over now? I hope one of the other mods can take over

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

shayneii: Carlie said this on the previous page...

I will bring it up among the moderators, and hopefully we will be able to work something out =)

Hope that answers your question.
adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

I just hope something happens soon, the wait is killing me.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

But there would be no reward, which doesnt really mater, but it still would be a lot more hecktic, then if we just had a mod.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Oh the reward is a merit worth 25 points. Maybe estel will do it, he is new and is on more often then the others, i think i will ask him. If not i dont know who else.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay, sorry about that guys, since DragonMistress is not currently with us, we had to discuss what was going on.

The good news is that the poetry contest will continue, of course, seeing as it attracts enthusiasm and such high quality entries.

The bad news is that I'll be your judge this week and despite having some background in poetry, like the others I've got a lot of things on my plate (namely driving halfway across the state for the last time this year), so judging will not take place until Friday. But it will happen then!

It just so happened I was the least busy of the mods. We'll get our act together shortly!

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

Thank you Strop for adding this to your &quotlate."

I'm sure we can all manage to wait until Friday for the results.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Ya, no biggy as long as we have someone willing to do it i am happy *smiles contently*

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Alright guys, judging is just a little more than 24 hours away! I've got a fair bit to read and ponder now

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Humm well I think Everyone has a good chance of wining, when is it going to be judged?

I think I have about a. . .0.0000000000000000000000001 chance of winning, my poem sucks cuz I popped it outta mah but in the matter of 10 minutes with no planning whatsoever.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Now that I've finished judging the Art Contest, I'll get on this one shortly.

But I can't hide the fact that I seriously am not sure how to judge this. I mean I've written a fair amount of poetry myself in the past and I'm literate and not completely incompetent but...yeah. This is definitely a transitional measure xD

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hurry Up Strop!

I am waiting!

KingRyan
(Notice how there was not one 'bogan' reference in this post!)

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Shesh give the guy a break! First time jugding, give him some time i think we can all wat a little longer, it isnt going to kill us.

Communist
Communist
522 posts
Nomad

kingryan may not survive this

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

You can do it Strop!

If a ninja can't do it....who can?

Showing 151-165 of 3868