ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3750374
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Fallen: You give yourself too little credit. Your English is fine.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Fallen: You give yourself too little credit. Your English is fine.

I concur. Fallen, your English is better than the English of most people you would encounter on the Internet. If you want confirmation of just how good your English is, compared to other Internet-dwelling first-language English-speakers, just get on one of those quick chat places like Omegle. Or better yet, just go on Battle.net or something similar. Believe me, your English is excellent. Don't beat yourself up.
And this was a total unnecessary paragraph. I'm just in a "writey" mood.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Thanks guy... *sniff*

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Hey...shouldn't the judgings have been today or yesterday?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Yes it's today, just wait until a little later, I usually do this stuff after supper when my girlfriend's home; gives me a good excuse to ignore her. *wink*

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I guess that's what Alt would say...yes, seems like it...

Take your time buddy.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Hmm . . . oh yeah, this. I'll do the judging tomorrow, probably. If not, Friday fo sho.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

I know it's a bit late, but why not?

Pure Waves

fluctuations of wonder
bombarding one another
through air or sea
creations of energy
they are disturbances of space
something we face
for every second
and every day
may it be surfing the blue
or anything we do

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I think "bated breath" just about sums up our sentiments while waiting for judging.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I think "bated breath" just about sums up our sentiments while waiting for judging.

Ok, now I have to do this.

We wait here with bated breath
Soon to crumble away in death
Our judgment delayed, we cannot wait
Our suffering will soon abate

How's that? Obviously not an entry, but I am really bored. Lol.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Err...LOL. Alt doesn't take quite that long to judge compared to a few past ones. Still, doesn't hurt to break out the skeleton costumes and fake cobwebs, no?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Hey, I said I would judge today! I will!

At least when I judge late, I tell you guys . . . and I like to build your suspense.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Hey, I said I would judge today! I will!
At least when I judge late, I tell you guys . . . and I like to build your suspense.

Lol I was just kidding. I honestly don't care who wins.
You should judge at midnight. It's still technically Friday, 'specially if it's in the Secret Hour.
Kudos to all who get the ref.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

As a fellow judge, I order you to take it easy!

I know how it is old chap; it's a crapload of work but we'll all wait patiently.

Good.Luck.
Your.Old.Buddy
Fallen.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

And because of that, Gab, I can say more confidently that instead of judging today, I will judge sometime before this weekend is over, I swear on it.

Showing 2431-2445 of 3868