ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3747287
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Just three entries? I'm disappointed. Well I hope we get more before midnight EST. That's the deadline.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

People are rushing Nano novels out and perhaps because te site has been down lately....

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Imperfect Illusions

Blind Happiness.
Crippled Will.
Ignorant Paradise.

Utopian Hell,
Knowledge for happiness.
One mistake, salvation?

Fall into imperfection,
Awareness of truth
Agony and Sorrow experienced.

Yet, life is true.
Worth living.
A life complete.

Sorry about the delay, AG was being difficult with me.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Woo! Four entries. That's better than three. Hopefully we'll get more the next time. NaNo should be done by then.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well today is the last day for poetry entries, so, I don't think NaNo will finish by then....

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Wait, I thought last night midnight was the deadline. Also, sorry I let me rephrase that. NaNo will be finished by the time the next poetry contest is done.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Wait, I thought last night midnight was the deadline. Also, sorry I let me rephrase that. NaNo will be finished by the time the next poetry contest is done.

Living in Asia messes up my AG time haha.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Living in Asia messes up my AG time haha.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Judging will be up sometime tomorrow.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Cool.

Jeol, that time fail is ridiculous.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Oh crap...I completely forgot! Tomorrow for sure! Really sorry for this guys. Exams are coming up so I'm kinda hassled right now. However I shall have the judging done.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Oh crap...I completely forgot! Tomorrow for sure! Really sorry for this guys. Exams are coming up so I'm kinda hassled right now. However I shall have the judging done.

No problem. I forget things all the time.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

^ This.

Besides exams are far more important than poetry contests.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Good luck wolf!

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

*sighs* okay so I'm once more swamped, and I apologize. I'm going to ask Fallen to judge again. If he can't then I will try my best to find time.

Showing 3241-3255 of 3868