ForumsSupport ForumCommunity Search idea...

13 2847
mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I came up with this idea as I was looking for a certain thread. As I was searching through different sections of the community (and multiple pages) I wondered if there was a way I could search for the thread name. Seeing that there is not a place to do this (that I know about), I was wondering if we could have a search tool for the Community, hence the name of this thread. Up at the top of the page, there is a search bar (or whatever name suits you) that you can use to look for games. Would it be possible for there to be an option for searching in the Community?

All the user would have to do is click the down arrow next to the search bar and there would be two options: "Games" and "Community." To search in the Community, you type in words that are in the title of the thread.

Any comments? Suggestions?

• 13 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This has been suggested multiple times. There used to be a community search, but it was taken down. Not sure why, I forgot.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

WOW. Everything you just said is exact. There was a community search LONG TIME AGO but the search was vague. You can still use the search secretly.

http://armorgames.com/search/typehere/community

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I think you were a little late. You can still use it though?

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea you can use it. Just type in what you want to search inbetween 'search' and 'community'. (use the + sign for multiple word). The searh is organized by date.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

The reason why nobody knows it was removed is because nobody was told in any announcement or its not in any sticky.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So how did you guys figure it out?

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly!

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah been brought up about twenty times..search before you post.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, it does work.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

It is a replacement right now! lol xD

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

The search link is something I've never seen before! That really is pretty neat... if anything, that should be used as a replacement 'til we get a new one!

ShadowWalking
ShadowWalking
15 posts
Nomad

Ahh man, I got banned

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Shadow, I think that was rather off topic.

Anyway....

Plokkey, they should make you a guy for digging out old and new things. Seriously, you're like an online inventor! XD

Showing 1-13 of 13