ForumsSupport ForumModerators?

75 9534
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

This is definitely not the best thread to make, but it certainly brings up an interesting point: Where are the moderators?

I've only seen Moegreche and Carlie online in the last 48 hours. SO where are they? Dank quit, Deviodless quit, DragonMistress is inactive, Ubertuna is very inactive, Strop is on every once in a while, Calm quit, and Asherlee just disappeared. I think it's either time to hire new moderators, or bring the old ones back, because I've seen a huge increase in spam lately, and no moderators have been around to delete it. So, where are ya guys?

• 75 Replies
Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

Do you have to be a certain age to be a moderator?

No, they perfer to pick older people for maturity, though.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

No, but they feel that, the older someone is, the less likely they are to abuse the privelege. Also, don't ask! You might ruin your chances!

Shark Shark Shark. What makes you think i was asking? I was simply wondering about ages, because it seems almost all of them are at least 20.

I just wanted to see if they were ageist, ya know like sexist and raciest, only ageist (lol joking, but it's my word no stealing .
evil_empire
evil_empire
287 posts
Peasant

Dragon misteress in on now, she seems retty cool to me, but yeah, so more moderators wouldent hurt, but there keeping aag clean from the barbs, so shouldent we say thanks? =)

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ugh, not a comma to be found! +<

Yeah i was not positive on commas but then i was just like screw it i don't care XD
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Do you have to be a certain age to be a moderator?

Yes, there is an age you need to be, which a lot of the people on this site don't reach. What is that age? 13. The age you have to be to legally be on this site.

Asking doesn't ruin your chances, but the type of person who would ask is generally not the type of person we choose. Most of us were surprised when asked to be a moderator
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

more moderators wouldent hurt, but there keeping aag clean from the barbs, so shouldent we say thanks? =)

Let's face it, we could use more mods, but we also have to make sure that they're good ones, so we can't really rush the process, but we do need to get more mods.
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Shark Shark Shark.

Ugh, not a comma to be found! +<
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

The lot of you are blind! There's moderators everywhere! We users are the moderators on this site -- we can flag 'em & tag 'em, which would eventually get a thread locked or at least looked at by a ... 'real' moderator.

That is actually an awesome point. We are the ones who spot the bulk of the spam and what not and flag it and tell the mods. Then they do there thing and &quotoof", no more spam or whatever. A lot of us are in a sense mods, but you always need a higher authority to make sure the "law enforcement" happens after the reports come through.

This is precisely the reason i don't think AG needs more mods.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

The lot of you are blind! There's moderators everywhere! We users are the moderators on this site -- we can flag 'em & tag 'em, which would eventually get a thread locked or at least looked at by a ... 'real' moderator.

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

Think of it like this

We are the emergency operaters and tell the police what to do, and the police get it done.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

We are the emergency operaters and tell the police what to do, and the police get it done.

That is basically what i was giving a lame attempt at saying lol
Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

Ty, I think?????

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well a new moderator, Estel, was just added. I really think that us enough for now. The mods are temporarily inactive cuz it's summer, and they have lives.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, only one mod was added.

And two was temporarily taken away.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Guys, give the mods a break. They have a little thing called "lives" you know.

Showing 61-75 of 75