ForumsSupport ForumNot an US resident, can I be sponsored?

15 2295
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Hey, I'm new here, not actually new to flash, and have been on the programming section for the last days, and I'm really looking into starting a career on making games

However to do so I have to first buy Flash CS3, and I would be interest in making a profit to cover for it by getting sponsored, but can I?

I live in Brasil, and CS3 costs around $1300, it's not that I'm a money whore, I just can't take this kinda cost if I can't make it back by working with the software

• 15 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

First of all, you have to make sure you get the business version. You cannot use a student version to make a profit.

Secondly, yes we do! If you have a game you would like sponsored, contact Dan. We have developers from all over the world, in many different countries.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I almost got the student version a while ago XP

Thanks, I'll finish my game and try it

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hey, make sure you run the game by me, I'd be glad to play it!

.....man I could not live as a developer XP

southparkforever
southparkforever
125 posts
Nomad

im a game develeer althugh my game are verry swear full and gorry ill try and make a game for armor games i just hav to remmember no swear words lo

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Hey, make sure you run the game by me, I'd be glad to play it!

I'll remember that XP

i just hav to remmember no swear words lo

Are there rules to be sponsored or is it just a common sense thing?

By the way, can I use copyrighted material? Not like using Mario or Sonic in the game, I'd like to use a song from the OST of the game "Red Steel" and I'm not sure about it
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

like "no swearing"

southparkforever
southparkforever
125 posts
Nomad

wat i ment was like in games a metoer about to hit earth and at the last moment they swear i ment like that

southparkforever
southparkforever
125 posts
Nomad

i aint even started making games my freind dos so uve been calling me dumb for nothing basicly

southparkforever
southparkforever
125 posts
Nomad

and ive got terets uve just basicly said avry one with terets is dumb and has no commen sence just becuase there disability makes them swear

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

I think you misunderstood me, I was just asking if there's a "no swearing" rule to get the game sponsored

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Are there rules to be sponsored or is it just a common sense thing?

I would say just be tasteful with it. It can have some swearing, but you don't often see really awfully crude language in Armor Games games.

By the way, can I use copyrighted material? Not like using Mario or Sonic in the game, I'd like to use a song from the OST of the game "Red Steel" and I'm not sure about it

If it is copyrighted, I would say no. That sort of thing can get you in trouble. I have had friends who got threatened with being sued because they used a copyrighted song in their animation, or a copyrighted word in their game title.

Have you tried checking out the Newgrounds Audio Portal? There are a bunch of original songs in there that you can use for games.
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Have you tried checking out the Newgrounds Audio Portal? There are a bunch of original songs in there that you can use for games.

I'll do that, I just really liked that song =(
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Wow, all this flash games developer stuff is complicated............ So does Armor Games really pay people to work as a flash producer?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think you'll do a great job

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Apparently Punk-o-matic is full of swearing.

Showing 1-15 of 15