ForumsProgramming ForumFlash and Blender 3D?

4 6458
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

I have been working with 3D modeling the past few months in Blender (blender.org), and I was wondering if there is any way to create a 3D game in Adobe Flash.

Preferably, I would like to be able to import models that I created in Blender into Flash, mostly because I really like the Blender program, and it is easy to use once you get the hang of it (and on top of that, it's free ).

I have searched on Google, but I'm not really finding anything understandable to a beginning flash programmer.

• 4 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Flash is not a 3D environment. You can create your own if you have the knowledge, but it would be very hard. You can also simulate a 3d world by rendering an animation and stopping at the frames that correspond to the user inputs.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

I have seen some software that works with Flah and make it load a 3D model that can be manipulated like a movieclip, it's paid tough

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

there are ways to create 3-D games in flash and I have seen it before,but it is not a very good idea,seeing as how some of the 3-D games look like old 1980's marathon type games and such.My point is that it would be best to stick to 2-D for flash,but even if you have a really nice 3-D program then it might take alot of memory and cause lag,if its too detailed.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

The software I saw was pretty light, the whole page had 3D models

The bad part is that I don't remember its name XP

Showing 1-4 of 4