ForumsPopular MediaMelodic/Symphonic Metal

10 3508
warbuff6644
warbuff6644
41 posts
Nomad

Let me say right off the bat that I love metal, lots of it. Over the past year I've become obsessed with European metal bands to the likes of Children of Bodom, Warmen, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, and most recently Dark Moor.

Being here in the states, and further more right outside Seattle, it's been hard for me to expand my collection of European metal bands. Any one out there got some band suggestions for me?

• 10 Replies
warbuff6644
warbuff6644
41 posts
Nomad

No one?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I am not a big metal fan, but try looking for stuff by apocalyptica.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

oh acually yes yes i do know a few...

kamelot..

and dBu thats all i can get that you havnt said... vouple of dream theater

Guns_N_Roses
Guns_N_Roses
93 posts
Nomad

For me just Nightwish and Kamelot as for Symphonic metal.

Wolfelord
Wolfelord
77 posts
Nomad

I don't know about any european bands but I listen to Dethklok, DevilDriver, GWAR, Demon Hunter their kinda religous but still great probably my second fav band. These are all I can think of on the top of my head Right now. My current addiction is Dethklok They got a song called Detharmonic that i guess could be considered symphonic. Look it up on Youtube they got some vids of it and you can see if you like them.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, I didn't realize Dethklok was a real band, I thought it was just really good music put in a cartoon! Good to know ^.^

I love symphonic metal as well, but I can't think of any offhand... *peeks through her CDs* Hmm, I can't find it presently. Ill update if I do find it.

Legatus88
Legatus88
451 posts
Peasant

Hmm...try Draconian, Summoning, Stormlord, Graveworm, Mischosen...theres more I know of but can't recall the others, but I would really recommend Draconian...

C4RN4G3
C4RN4G3
70 posts
Nomad

you should try Dark Tranquility

Madroxide
Madroxide
12 posts
Nomad

Indeed Dark Tranquility. If you like them...go ahead and get yourself some Soilwork, Into Eternity, and possible some In Flames.

hierensi
hierensi
40 posts
Nomad

soilwork is kick ass

Showing 1-10 of 10