ForumsProgramming ForumAnyone know where to get free music?

8 3592
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Posted this on Support but Carlie sugested me to post here

I'm looking for songs that I can use for free in my game, because I want to be sponsored and my costs are already too high. It's harder than I thought it would be

Carlie pointed me to Newgrounds Audio Portal, but they have a Noncommercial licensing term

Can't use a normal MP3 cause it's obviously copyrighted

But what really surprised me was that I couldn't even download a public domain song and use it, because while the song is public, the recording of that song is still protected by copyright

Everyone is doing their own audio or am I missing a free music Shangri-la somewhere?

• 8 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I don't know any legal ways. Well, actually, if you go to Youtube and search "Household hacker", he is a guy who shows you how to do a variety of cool things. And one of his videos is on free music.

Hope this helped )

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

By free music I mean music that I can use for free in a legal way in a commercial project

I saw him talking about downloading for "free" copyrighted songs, is that what you were talking about? I sure couldn't use them

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

what about that frog spiral ad?

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Frog ad?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Oooh OK in that case, good luck.

That is very difficult (i myself don't approve of the illegal stuff, but i did not know your opinions)...

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

yeah spiralfrog!

They say it's free,legal,and you can choose from over 1,500 songs!!

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Could you give me a link? I've never seen anything about that

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

the ad..

Showing 1-8 of 8