18 7732
infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know how to add that??
I really want it.
here's a pic of it!
you see the top where it says windows media player and how it's transparent?
i really want that!
http://www.vistaarticles.com/content_images/22dec-wmp11.png

• 18 Replies
infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

guys please!
Please!!
Anyone I have been searching about how to do it and I looked through all the pages.!

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

To be honest I don't think it's possible, because that's more on the Windows side of things

You could take a look at the ExternalInterface class, but I don't think it can make the projector transparent

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

yea it might be an add on or something i dunno or only comes with certain softwarre

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

My mom has it for her laptop!

but the comp...
NO!

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

I believe that that is only possible in .Net applications. It is probably some setting in the form's properties.

I use Visual Studio 2005, and in that version I am unable to make any part of the background of a form invisible.

I am, however, able to set the borders of the form to whatever shape I want. It might be possible to set up some advanced border that only includes 50% of the pixels in a set region.

Also, I believe this feature is only available in Vista (or perhaps the .Net framework 3.0). I have not used Vista extensively, but do all programs have transparent borders and title bars, or only certain MicroSoft software?

Do you understand what I mean? I'm terrible at explaining things. :-P Ask me to clarify if needed.

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

What language are you using to accomplish this?

Or do you mean that you want it to be that way for all your programs on your XP computer?

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

here's what I mean.
I want to get a transparent bar for firefox on windows xp.
and only firefox
english

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Not possible, unless Microsoft releases some extension that allows all of your windows to have the same formatting as Vista. Sorry.

So do all programs use the transparent layout in Vista, or just certain software?

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

You could try posting the idea of transparent form borders in a Linux forum. Someone there might try it out, and if you are familiar with Linux, you'd have it.

Or you could go out and buy Vista on your computer, and then have to deal with non-compatible programs all the time.

I have heard that Microsoft is coming out with a new version of Windows pretty soon to make up for the Vista failure.

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

you do now that i'm ONLY a 12 year old right?

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Wow. That was actually very surprising. I guessed you were young, but with so many post counts, I was guessing you were at least 16. :-)

I would really recommend getting into programming early in life as I did. That way, once you get out of high school, you already have the experience needed to get a high paying job. And it is really fun.

Try searching for Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition. It is free, and the Microsoft site has several video tutorials to help you learn. Believe me, learning to program will really pay off in the long run!

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

And after that you can go on to more advanced languages that are made for game programming such as Java, C, or Flash.

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

Thanks for telling me you really helped!!
I will go in to technology!
I already use cheat engine,GIMP,I have myspace,my own website..

so i will go into technology!

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

LOL you are one hyped up kid. And yes I'm pretty sure that the transparent border you want is only for Vista, so you won't be able to get it for XP unless someone has made an application that would let you do that,try searching google?

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad
Showing 1-15 of 18