ForumsSupport ForumVote up

5 1759
williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

I don't know whether someone has asked this before, I've looked through a few pages of topics and couldn't find it so I'll just ask.

I know voting up supposedly helps people get merits for good reviews, but what does it actually do? Does it somehow flag it for the mods?

And also, how do the mods go through most of the games' posts to find merit-worthy reviews?

• 5 Replies
revolushn
revolushn
63 posts
Nomad

my guess is they just read them. not that hard. Im a newbie to here and already i read probably 90% of posts, and can sort the wheat from the chaff. or something.

BUt voting just gives the voter kudos. Why does there have to be a reward in it other than saying "cheers dude, your post was cool, i like it"

and thats all good.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

It makes the reviews larger and bolder, so it is more visible when we are searching for reviews to merit. We go through the games page by page, sometimes in some sort of order for games, sometimes just randomly choosing games. There is no rhyme or reason really as to which games we choose. We just pick a game, and sift through the comments, picking out the merit worthy ones.

williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

Revolushn, how can you have read 90% of the game posts? There has to be a few hundred thousand.

Thanks, Carlie. That's answered all of my questions about merits, now I'll go keep trying for one.

revolushn
revolushn
63 posts
Nomad

I apologise, I knew as soon as I posted that we weren't on the same same page. While I do read a lot of game reviews (that's why I'm here after all) I was thinking about forum posts when I stated 90%

My bad. Carlie answered same time as me (and much better).

Guess im just sceptical about people asking how to get merits. I mean.. WHY?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Awesome, glad I could help!

I am going to lock this now to prevent further posts. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me =)

Showing 1-5 of 5