ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4678912
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah that's what time it is here haha.
But he is a ninja. Sleep by day; stalk by night. :P

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Sleep by day; stalk by night.

Ah young one. You know the ways of the ninja. I am but a young grasshoppah when it comes down to the rules needed to abide by.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Ah young one. You know the ways of the ninja. I am but a young grasshoppah when it comes down to the rules needed to abide by.

I dunno I just made that up because it sounded cool.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

nuuuu, seppuku! After playing seepkuties I now know what seppuku is. . .only I think your supposed to stab yourself in the belly stead the face. . .. lol. As for the DM's, it's like getting turd of the week on NG. Sometimes ya want it lolz. As for the Steve Irwin guy, I'd be kinda hurt =(. At one point in my life I actually wanted to be just like him lol. So he was my tiny childhood hero at one point. . .so ya, you'd have someone on your hate list.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

umm, hold on, it just occured to me that samurai's are the ones who preform sepukku correct? .....I just had sudden inspiration to stab myself in the eye.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

it takes 30 years for a tragedy to become funny *obscure South Park reference*

Hahahaha when I read 30 years for a tragedy to become funny I immediately went to south park, I remember that. ROFL! I usually go for 10 years though.

Also, sn***** is censored because this particular filtered word doesn't detect it as part of a word...but I can petition to have this fixed.

Usually that word is spelled Snicker and that should be let that way, I don't think there is an urgent need to fix that word when its one letter off from being derogatory and you have a word that is just as good.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, there are two things:

Samurai was a class thing- you were born into being a noble warrior. Ninja was an occupation associated with a type of martial art (ninjutsu), and most ninja were generally not born noble. You can't become a samurai through being a ninja, but you can become a ninja while being a samurai.

I'm not sure of the intricacies of it but I imagine that at some period, ninja under the employ of an authority would also be at least loosely honor bound under some circumstances. Don't quote me on that one...at the very least there would definitely be some circumstances in which they had to perform suicide for the sake of preserving a mission.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

oh lol, I didn't know that samurai's were BORN into samuraihood. that's an intresting bit of info there strop! I now have ANOTHER random piece of intresting but seemingly useless knowledge, THANKS!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

11am is your bedtime?! *gasps*

Its called Victorian Bogan Time....different you your time...

It sucks...coz even if I want the DM...I'll just get the bogan award

KingRyhan
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

oh jeez, I left my sketch (read=note) pad at school. Well, expect a crummy picture edited in GIMP sometime tomorrow...

And Yay for off topicness and ninjas!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I now have ANOTHER random piece of intresting but seemingly useless knowledge, THANKS!

...uhh...you're welcome...

*wipes the sarcasm dripping off his screen now* xD

Its called Victorian Bogan Time....different you your time...

It sucks...coz even if I want the DM...I'll just get the bogan award

Hey, bugger off, you know you got what you deserved :P
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*wipes the sarcasm dripping off his screen now*

actually, as sarcastic as that sounded, I like useless info!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,my submission is finally done.It took awhile,but I think it may be one of my best ones yet.Anyways here it is:

Not only does the barber have to deal with getting attacked by an angry sasquatch,and having a bell pepper for a head,but now he is in an inspirational as well.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Revenge-1.jpg

Click here if it cuts off

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

LAWL, and by the pepper I now know that your using gimp. . .lol. gimp and airbrush too.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You just now figured out I was using GIMP?Also I am not using the airbruch tool,but instead the confetti brush on the paintbrush tool.I was kind of lazy with the barber though.

Showing 991-1005 of 6854