ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4292388
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Lol xtiamotx! Pikachu and Kirby XDXDXDXD
Nice entry though, although it makes me more think of eventyr than war.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Little modification:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9320/wartimev2.jpg

This is the official version, so forget about the other one.

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I guess I'll have to draw something!
This time, with my mighty hands!!
Pencils here I come.
(Must it be colored? Or can I draw it white and grey?)

xtiamotx
xtiamotx
74 posts
Nomad

It's a mix of idea and presentation, how well the idea represents the theme and how well the presentation conveys that idea. Or rather, how well the presentation of the idea plays in the subjectivity of the judge.

Oh don't get me wrong. I was not only making an observation, but mentioning that I was going to put my effort in a new direction. Humor seems to be really popular (which I can understand) so I figured rather than spending hours on digi painting and trying to make it look all realistic, I'd spend my time (still hours, though not as many) making something that had less realism and more humor.

Nice work xTiamoX (or whatever it is :P)

Very...order of the stickish. But unique and nicely drawn.

Thank you! And just call me tiamot if you please. The x's got added in there because when I first tried to sign up with just tiamot, the confirmation e-mail never came. I did submit something about this so hopefully I'll lose my x's soon!

Lol xtiamotx! Pikachu and Kirby XDXDXDXD
Nice entry though, although it makes me more think of eventyr than war.

Hey now, it's pikachu and jiggly puff, which now that you mention it does kinda look like kirby in drag...

Anyway, yeah, I'm sure the 'Stickishess' and the fantasy theme make it feel like eventyr. But, I feel it represents war too.

See, what I was thinking of was not the actual war itself but what comes after. Like all the post traumatic stress and issues that soldiers have after they come home from war. That's what inspired the idea of the fighter guy, who is just leaving the war with his friends, to want to go off and be all whacko.

Maybe I made it too deep and shoulda just stuck with something more obvious! (But really, blame the artist in me, it's not my fault!!!)
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I feel compelled to say:
HUH
Yeah
What is this theme good for?
Absolutely nothing!

Yeah well BRUCE LEE KILLED CHUCK NORRIS IN WAY OF THE DRAGON!

Mwuahahaha.
it does kinda look like kirby in drag...

homaif**king gawd. That may be the single most brilliant idea I've ever seen. I mean, think of it, I don't even see NPC kirby and jigglypuff in the same room when playing brawl or melee! OF COURSE IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

NTS

Fought Elsewhere Within

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/GanticanWar.gif

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/133/2/c/War___ASE_by_KingRyanV.png

It was either that or people not fighting because war is bad.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

!syug kcab m'I
?ereh t'nsaw I elihw deneppah tahw oS
!ti rof gnitiaw peek os ,05x tgO dellac seires tra na gniod yltnerruc m'I

Please decode the message before deleting comment if nessecary.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

it does kinda look like kirby in drag...

homaif**king gawd. That may be the single most brilliant idea I've ever seen. I mean, think of it, I don't even see NPC kirby and jigglypuff in the same room when playing brawl or melee! OF COURSE IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

thoad, you mean... KIRBY IS JIGGLYPUFF??? ZOMF GAWD :O
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

!syug kcab m'I
?ereh t'nsaw I elihw deneppah tahw oS
!ti rof gnitiaw peek os ,05x tgO dellac seires tra na gniod yltnerruc m'I

don't you mean to say

I'm back guys!
So what happened while I wasn't here?
I'm currently doing an art series called Ogt x50, so keep waiting for it!

hmm?
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

That is probably what he meant to say...I don't know why it is in the Art Skills thread...but who really knows.

What do you think of my entry Crimson?

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

Even if I'm not asked (not important enough =P), I think your entry is funny. Yeah I know it shouldn't be that but the Figures look like that. Especially the dragon thingy.
My (hopefully sometimes finished) entry will be also going into the War is bad theme.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

thiswontwork...It is meant to be humourous. It is based on a joke....

Yay for support on WAR IS BAD!!!!!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

HE'Z BLAZTED!
Killed at war...
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/96Zega96/Killedatwar.jpg

Stickman R.I.P

xtiamotx
xtiamotx
74 posts
Nomad

Ahah! I love the expression on his face, Zega! I really got a kick out of it! Love the buck teeth!

Showing 4501-4515 of 6854