ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4258328
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

AG_King, i love it.

But making the hands form the word 'lulz' would also be awesome.

mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

@ random_player_of_ag : thanks a bunch =) I'm glad you laughed, cause I did too when I was drawing it ^^

the_zombie_killer
the_zombie_killer
306 posts
Nomad

this is mine...8mins to draw....1minute to create custom colour..3mins to upload......

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/zombie_killer/crossandjnots.jpg

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Not bad actually. =) How did you get the background?

the_zombie_killer
the_zombie_killer
306 posts
Nomad

Not bad actually. =) How did you get the background?
custom colour for the background and just added a few lines to the back for a page from a note book look
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This is my contest entry and why is it that people using photoshop elements most likely to when? Next contest everyone should only use paint

Back in the beginning of this thread (after it got reformed), I won a twice with paint drawings (at least I think it was two times.. At least one). It has nothing to do with the programme, it has something to do with the idea, the feel of the drawing, and usually how well the idea was converted to art.
And I think there is more people using paint than anything else. Or GIMP. You should just download that.
mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

Too bad it would require everyone owning a scanner, but I think it'd be interesting to have a contest where everyone drew by hand. It'd just be really interesting to see everyone's true skill because they would have no aid from cheater tools (ones that draw perfect curves or circles or whatever) and sometimes I bet people can draw way better by hand than with a cruddy mouse.

I don't know.. just a thought.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, that is why I have a tablet:P
I am not sure if my colour pencil skills are better than my comp colour ones... I might need to check that... Hmm... *grabs paper, tries to get idea*

But yes, might be complicated with the lack of scanners (just got one), but we might be able to hold an unofficial contest, where different techniques are used (copes nicely with my plan on making a "I can colour stuff" guide service thing)... Hmm...

Anyway, drawing!

mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

Yeah it's too bad I can't share my scanner with the world =D

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

Points for pure awesomeness and neon lights... Please? ^w^

http://yiffarts.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/3/1/1331318/8424716_orig.jpg

Woot for lazy 1 month return (probrally)

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Whoa! What program did you use, Esuna?

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I was just wondering because I now some competitions here specify what programmes you can use to make the art... can I use that Hydra Sketch thing on facebook to make a pwetty picture instead of say paint?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

can I use that Hydra Sketch thing on facebook to make a pwetty picture instead of say paint?

Of course? You could download GIMP too, if that was anything?
But pretty much every art programme can be used, as long as you are the one making the art (and not the programme for you)
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

(and not the programme for you)

Thanks I find Hydra a little easier to use. I hope to get a bit better at art but if I end up with stuff that looks like Monet or Gogh should have made it over night feel free to disqualify me... Unless I do actually become good (unlikely though)
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I has an entry.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emoticrows.png

Showing 5161-5175 of 6854