ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490188
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Thanks people. I myself is rather fascinated by many of the other works, especially Gantic's because it is... Abstract.
Gantic's pieces is almost always fascinating like that... He's a fine kind of artist.

@Klashouse:
Is that a syringe she's holding? Like omgwtf are you doing to the pure characters~

i meant like what time today
We never know when Strop will stop procrastinating and post the judging. Currently I think he should be asleep... Maybe sometime later tonight?
His exams are over (I think), but his mother is ill... Don't stress the poor pony.
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

aww but ninjas dont sleep!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, they do, just not when you notice. You know, he might be watching you in this second. Ninjas can sleep in your closet for a week, and leave without you ever noticing....

Okay, why do non-Scandinavs not have nisser!!! *frustration*

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Okay, why do non-Scandinavs not have nisser!!! *frustration*
I don't know, but they're really missing out on something!!
All they have are goblins and elves and Irish gnomes...
That's like NOTHING compared to our nisser! Nisses? Dang the mix of language.

But it is probably because they don't have the traditions nisser comes from. A shame. Could be a fun theme, actually.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It is too bad... And so hard to explain what they are... One of my classmates did not even know the nature of them...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

A shame that so few actually knows where they originate from...

Hey, Cen? Kai as a nisse?

Do we need to get back on topic?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yeah... *sigh*
Hmm, No.

Okay... Cartoony nisser?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh well, I guess.
Alright, Yazz then? As a little nissemor?

Lawl. Like the crawling ones. Oh, or Nisseman!!! Why didn't we think of him sooner??

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Very... cute, but mazzelhs tend to be that.

OH YEAH!!! Fantasticfantasticfantastic! Most perfect cartoon character for this season!! We SHOULD have thought of that!!

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

whats a nisser?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah~

YES!! But I can't find any drawings of him anywhere whatsoever... Little information-scientist-to-be, do you think you could dig one up? Just for the fun of it?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@deth4:
One nisse, more nisser. -er is Danish plural.

Is 'tomte' Norse for it?

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

tomte is finnish

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

i mean swedish

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

No Nisseman anywhere, I am afraid. But I will annoy people with the stuff I found:P

"When you are small"
December[url]

Oh, and The Julekalender:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gqRDdmFrf0]Stoevledance
The finest Danglish on the interwebs!

I feel rather childish and happy now^^

Showing 1951-1965 of 6854