ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5492889
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

To me, it seems like a good way to keep it fair and partial

...don't you mean impartial, Carlie? :P

Not that this matters. I always strove to expose my &quotartiality" in the course of judging. I don't expect anybody to try emulating it but nonetheless I stand by what I've said previously and trust that you guys will sort out what to do.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, why are we trying. Zophia ends up the judge anyway, either because Carlie doesn't trust any of us regular user, or because Zophia is "Ze awesomst mod dere haz evr been!!". (I think that was what at least one user on AG meant).
So, well, I vote for Zophia. Just to get this over with.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

hey Gantic are you ever going to explain the box to us?

No. It will be a torment of a day to be puzzled, but no. It's probably best not to think about it. Like what is supposedly a great joke I once heard years ago. Thought I didn't understand it, but then years later I realized that I did and it wasn't funny.

Not that this matters. I always strove to expose my &quotartiality" in the course of judging. I don't expect anybody to try emulating it but nonetheless I stand by what I've said previously and trust that you guys will sort out what to do.

If that doesn't have anything to do with subjectivity D:<
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Ok, I'm on board with this box thing. And I'm starting with the chinese numbers. Numerology time

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

..don't you mean impartial, Carlie? :P

Lol yes, that is indeed what I meant.

because Carlie doesn't trust any of us regular user

That is not true, and we have allowed many members to run and judge contest which we have awarded merits for. I would appreciate not being judged in such a negative fashion for the decision that we have come to on this issue.
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

On the left box:
Sun - Moon
San - Si, Three - Four ("Sang" - "Si&quot Chinese number symbolism.
Dinosaur - Plastic bottle thingy, Someone already dug up the old entry.

On the right cube:
Money - Love
II - IIII, Two - Four (That's the watchmaker's 4.)
Male - Female

Did you know?
--If you add up the numbers on opposite sides of a die, you get seven.
--If you really think about a puzzle before you go to sleep, the answer might be in your dreams if your brain has already solved it.
--I find puns to be the highest form of humor.
--There are at least three puns in this post already that hint at the answer to one of the box. (Four, if you count one so horrible people would be wondering if it was or wasn't a pun.)

The answer is there, but what is the question?
I'm twisting the theme a little. Why do we make resolutions?

Ok guys, here are my notes (and possible answer):

Actually, no. I want to check with Gantic to see if I'm right. I wouldn't want to spoil it for you all if I am :P
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

*sighs*

I haz an entry. Judgement you say?

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Picture27.png

Drawn in a program with no Cmd+Z function (actually drawn in a widgety thing attached to a chat room (Cholokid, crimsonblade55 and deth4 knows exactly what I'm talking about))~
Wass quite interesting. No brushes with fade, only a palette and an untrustworthy set of RGB value bars, and a strange way of adjusting brush size, as well as a transparency bar...
I really like the simplicity it makes one work with~<3

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

you drew that in the doodle program?Wow thats impressive I have to say.Anyways I probably will get mine done today.I hope you guys will understand it.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,my entry is complete.At least I think it is...but anyways here it is

Yeti Used The Smudge Tool On Sasquatch,And Now Must Be Banned

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/judgement-1.png

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Loool... *fails*

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Loool... *fails*

......?uh.....I'm not sure what you mean by that,but OK.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

My creativity and ability to make decent comments have dies, so "loooool" was the best I could come up with, failing in the process... So nice entry, but I fail to express it?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Gantic? I can haz email? I want to know ifI was right about the box and cube

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

@Gamingkid
I'm not sure I want to know why you don't want to take any more laxatives. I for one try to stay away from bowel movement enhancers.

sorry for such a late post about new years resolution but i wasnt on much over the brake, so Cholokid It was about bulemia but its not about me it just was something i learned in health class so i decided to draw it.
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo136/deth4/doodles/doodlepic.png

heres a description, and sort of a story..

one day, madness broke out over the land of AG. a horde of zombies attacked, and all of AGs heroes were turning on them. The citizens of AG had to turn to one man, Deth4, for survival. They took shelter under a barricade, and a single figure was standing in the pale moonlight, watching... waiting... suddenly, he saw figures in the shadows. he recognized the zombified corpses of who else - Zophia Strop and crimsonblade55. terrified, he grabbed his master sword and began to charge his lazers...

now that thats over, this was also done in the doodle thing zoph used.. as you can see i didnt put much thought into it, and maybe took 5 minutes to quickly slap together.

Showing 2401-2415 of 6854