ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5496290
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

*raises hand*
oo! oo!
Speciesism? War? Human interaction?

well if hypothetically I were to get elected as judge then I wouldn't want to give it away,although I may change my mind on this.Who knows lets see what happens.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

PICKING NEW THEME, SINCE THE PEOPLE WHO WANTED TO JUDGE ARE LAZY BUTTS WHEN IT COMES TO EITHER DECIDING OR WHAT NOT.

I never got to think up a proper theme (just took the first thing there, because we needed one), so because we need one again:

THEME: Dungeons and Dragons!!!
DEADLINE: Friday the 13...n No, Monday the 16th, which is a week from now.
JUDGE: I have apsolutely no idea, but haHA! to them:P

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Until you guys figure things out, I don't mind judging.
So. Yeah dungeons and dragons for Monday. As in, midnight on Sunday will be the deadline.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

But Klaus...what if I want to Judge? Lets vote on it...

And so the process continues...

Last night I was about to make another topic...the 'Not Art Skills Comp'...but then my dad yelled at me to go to bed...

Can't they just pick a judge...

And...umm...what is Dungeons and Dragons....

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Can't they just pick a judge...

Sorry, but we are trying. As it was before, people wanted Zophia, but now she has not had one single vote. So just vote, and we will have a judge on Monday.
Just be happy there is a theme now, right?
And let Klaus judge, because he was annoying enough to think non of the nominees are good enough, so let him prove his worth.

And...umm...what is Dungeons and Dragons....

DnD = role playing game, rather old and cool.
DnD
Or just draw a dungeon with dragons. It does not have to be the rpg. Or else I would have picked WoD.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Alright.... You can't really call this art. More like pixelated piece of crap. MY RED DRAAAAGOOOOOONNN (with a messed up background)

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/96Zega96/RedDragon.png

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

But Klaus...what if I want to Judge? Lets vote on it...

Well, since no one is really being definite about judging here, I will step in and give you guys a judging direction for the time being, if you so choose.

Dungeons and Dragons: will be judged by Klaushouse on Monday

Next judge will be Kingryan, who will pick the next topic and due date once the current competition is over.

In the meantime, everyone should go vote in the voting thread, and whoever wins that will take over once Klaushouse and kingryan have finished judging.

Does that seem fair?
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I'm betting people would probably be more familiar with Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale than the board game. I don't think most are old enough to know exactly what it is (or even the two video games I mentioned), save maybe the alignment system and maybe THAC0.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Actually it annoy me, but of course, since I am a mere member, the information I give and the structures I set up to make sure both this thread and the voting thread works are often not good enough.
What to do with FM, Thoad and the rest of the bunch who have asked earlier if they could judge this one? Should they not be allowed, now that KR has been selected as the next after Klaus... Especially since the voting should be done by Wednesday or Sunday the lastest, but well. I will go put up the new, right info on the other thread...
/bad mooding

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

THAC0.

Dude, DnD is a huge franchise and it's hard NOT to hear of it during high school when there's after school clubs NOT run by teachers.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

What to do with FM, Thoad and the rest of the bunch who have asked earlier if they could judge this one? Should they not be allowed, now that KR has been selected as the next after Klaus...

They can judge as well, I just wasn't aware that they wanted to. It just seemed like no one was making decisions in the matter so I just came in and made one. All of them can judge. This competition just needed some direction. You don't have to get upset about it, what I said does not have to be set in stone. If FM and Thoad want to judge as well, then by all means add them onto the schedule!

1. Klaushouse
2. Kingryan
3. FM
4. Thoad
5. TBA

Would something like that be better? You can always add some constructive criticism to the matter instead of just getting upset at me you know...

But the bottom line is that whoever wants to judge can judge. You guys just need to be able to take turns. I don't know if you even need the whole voting system. Just share the responsibility and pass it on to the next person when you are done.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry for the double post here, but I have some thoughts on this. It seems that every week there is some drama about who has to judge next, or a decision cannot be made in time to pick someone. The voting process takes too long and gets complicated. This is the sort of thing we were worried about when we opened judging up to whoever wanted to judge. If there is going to be a big thing about it each week to pick the new person, I think that we need to appoint one person. So you guys need to figure out a better way to make this work if you want to continue running it.

Like I said before, I am fine with anyone running it, as long as it can be run well and without issues.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Just lousy mood combined with my poking the thread in a direction being overlooked as nothing...
I do not know, I guess I will just leave this to people, since I cannot do much about it.

Oh, well, guess closing the voting thread should be your next job since the people who are being voted for, and wanted the job and went for it officially are not gonna see the job anyway.
I will leave this up to anyone else, since an official judge does not seem to be a wish.
And never was, if I remember the conversation between fst6 and Skater correctly.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

since the people who are being voted for, and wanted the job and went for it officially are not gonna see the job anyway.

This is exactly what I am talking about. If they want to do it, let them do it. There really is no issue here. Just set up a timeline. If they want to take part, put them on it and they get a turn to judge. Just put together a list of people who have shown interest in really wanting to do it, give it some sort of order, and let them judge. It really does not need to be an issue. Just take some initiative and get something together. That is only what I was trying to do.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I think that we need to appoint one person.

Isn't that what we're trying to do originally before all of these people started showing up saying they also wanted to judge,a month after we opened up the thread to appoint the new judge.it should be done done with and the new judge should be appointed by Wednesday,unless you just don't like the process what so ever.It didn't seem too complicated at the beginning and seeing as how only three people really officially ran in the contest,the rest of them seem to be from what I can tell guest judges of some sort.To tell you the truth we only needed one other person to judge before having a single person officially become appointed judge,but it was actually yourself who decided that we would continue with a new judge every week.No one else suggested we continue with a new judge every week,so from what I can tell I don't think you need to worry too much about it....I hope.
Showing 2686-2700 of 6854