ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5498457
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Really sad for me to admit but....that's an epic one dude. Great job.

What more Epic then the Crimson Energy Sword?

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/CrimsonEnergySword.png

(yes this is just an excuse to use photo shops image editing options for saturation and hue)
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

@ Crimson that's pretty cool. It makes me wish I had the software and the knowhow to do that kind of stuff.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Crimson that's pretty cool. It makes me wish I had the software and the know how to do that kind of stuff

To tell you the truth,you don't need too much knowledge to do things like this.You can learn how to do things like this by going to youtube and looking for tutorials.Now the program on the other hand....well thats just a matter of having quite a bit of money to invest in it.I think its worth it though.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

What more Epic then the Crimson Energy Sword?

A kitten with a sniperrifle.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/rebel_flag14/sniperkitty.jpg
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

A kitten with a sniper rifle.

Wrong,a kitten with a Crimson Sniper Rifle.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/CrimsonSniperKitten.png

I have to say that one was a bit more of a challenge to do then the last one.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Now the program on the other hand....well thats just a matter of having quite a bit of money to invest in it.I think its worth it though.

Mmm. That's definitely the biggest barrier to most people's photoshop aspirations, including mine.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah the cheapest version of it that I know of is here

Academic Superstore

and even that can be expensive,but the good news is that the student version is basically the same as the full price version,except you will need to prove that you area college/tech prep student of some kind.That was a pain for me to do with Web Premium(its a good thing I have two college students in my family)but if you are or know a college student then that is the cheapest version that I know of that doesn't take away any of the nice features of it....that I am currently aware of.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Ahh cheers for the link. I actually do have student status despite not going to college/uni strangely so I could take advantage of that discount. If I get round to buying it, but cheers for the help anyway.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah as long as you have proof that you are a student(it helps if you have a scanner to do this)then you can verify it,which requires,lets see if I remember exactly, one official ID(such as a drivers license or Student ID) that has a picture of yourself,and then one proof that you are a member of a college(I think I used a grade report for this,but a Student ID could take care of both I would think) Still even if you can't get that version(which apparently you can according to yourself)you can still get the other version on that site if you have any status of being a student,and this version I don't think you need to prove your student status for.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have all that is required. Cheers.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Wrong,a kitten with a Crimson Sniper Rifle.

Lol, why would a kitten with a rusty sniper rifle be more epic than a regular kitten with an l9?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

why would a kitten with a rusty sniper rifle be more epic than a regular kitten with an l9

Don't question my Photoshop with your "logic" and how and how is it rusty?It is just made out of a special red metal that doesn't break very easily.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Actually deleted tuna's post because I couldn't stand scrolling up and down the page with that staring at me... >_>

Yeah, on topic please. I refrain from commenting on pics before the judging, but I see good stuff...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Actually deleted tuna's post

Yay!No more old Greg,but anyways I think now would be a good time to have a new entry to discuss....any of you wouldnn't happen to have a new entry to submit today would you?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Let's see, it's portals and spoons...When is the judging, exactly? lol. :P

Showing 3046-3060 of 6854