ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4307304
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You could just make a green ball and use that frisco stile. Fuzzy green ball = mazzelh?
But Zophia is creative, so she will probably bring up some ridiculusly hard topic. Like.. drawing one of her characters that is not a mazzelh, and she will not show any refs, or... draw Yazz, or... something.

Milk
Breakfast
Juice
Toast
Cheese

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Milk
Breakfast
Juice
Toast
Cheese

well that was random...or was it?I would think that she would choose something a bit more broad to keep her own interests in mind.Thats just what I am thinking from the whole situation.
Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

How do you facepalm someone else? Slapping or (better) punching would be easier. And I have not been drinking like... In a week or something!!

To me facepalm (or facepaw as i call it now) = shovin ur palm (or paw xD) into someones face extremely hard :P

Ooooh food game!

Water
Lunch
Orange
Noodle
Bacon
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Nah, Zophia will be tested next, then Crimson, and while we are voting again, Deth can try out as guest judge (mayhaps), because his only vote was his own. I have already had my test.
*notices everyone is staring at me* Uhm... Hi!

If I do become permanent judge it is not impossible that we will get a mazzelh topic. For now...
I considered.... Ban weapons. War (as suggested by thoad). OCs.
But...
I ended up with...

Theme: Hearts
Deadline: January 27th
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

How did my grocery list end up there.......

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I would have no clue what to do, because I see so many possibilities.

I could give a huge amount of hints, but I'll let you think for yourselves.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well that theme I really did not see coming.I have already thought up the theme that I shall pick when it gets around to it though.Anyways I'm not much of a love and care type person so expect to see a loophole somewhere,if not just a joke.I think I know what to do though.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Anyways I'm not much of a love and care type person so expect to see a loophole somewhere

Love? Who said anything about love?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Love? Who said anything about love?

typically something you relate to hearts.I might use the other use of the term heart which would be for the actual internal organ of any creature.Knowing you though I thought you were probably aiming towards some type of valentines day type hearts or something like that,bit now that I think about it.Your one of the few people on here I shouldn't assume anything by for the fact that you don't seem to think in a similar pattern everyday like most others I have met on AG.Either way it was an assumption and also I don't know if it really matters all that much,but either way I shall create whatever come to mind as I am drawing it up.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Knowing you though I thought you were probably aiming towards some type of valentines day type hearts or something like that
O_o;;;

Hearts are two things to me. Two things and their opposites. Two things I find rather essential to existence...
But don't think using the organ is taking advantage of a loophole. I have thought this theme through, and other than Gantic I think no one will make me go WTF at their entry... (Gantic has an advantage because of his abstract way of conveying things, which I kind of think this theme invites to...)

Your one of the few people on here I shouldn't assume anything by
Indeed. :P

Either way it was an assumption and also I don't know if it really matters all that much,but either way I shall create whatever come to mind as I am drawing it up.
Good plan~

I look forward to judging this. I'm also curious about how many makes a "girly" entry.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

But don't think using the organ is taking advantage of a loophole

and I never said it was,but another idea popped into my head since then and so those two statements shouldn't intertwine.Still Gantic always seems to do that,but anyways my entry s complete.I'm not so sure if it will be funny or not,but lets find out.

Sasquatch's Heart(AKA something went wrong)
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Hearts-1.png
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

*squeaky laughter* Actually, that is quite funny, especially because of the expressions. :3

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Lol! It is amazing he has managed to survive so long!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Expectations lead to disappointment, eventually. Hearts mean much more than two things, although it all collapses down to the same themes. And I'm sure many will not understand if I drew a picture of a beam shot through the center of the Moon, distorting it along its path...
Math, science, and pun! and some non sciencey stuff.

There are some rather "artistic" representations of love and hearts that might fit this theme nicely, and not pink, red, and white kind, but the ones with many meanings unfortunately have been done before. (Ring heart shadow and heart of mating swans comes to mind.) But I'm not sure what to do yet, unless I want to destroy the moon.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hearts mean much more than two things
I knows, there's just two main things they mean to me, be it organs or symbols.

And I'm sure many will not understand if I drew a picture of a beam shot through the center of the Moon, distorting it along its path...
Math, science, and pun! and some non sciencey stuff.
Nope, I wouldn't get it. Then again, is art meant to be understood...
Showing 2491-2505 of 6854