ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4307299
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Strop

[spam]

I live in a giant bucket.

raahhhh hoooooyohhhhh

[/spam]

Now you got me watching that. xD

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Cholokid I swear you better not be the queen of France are you?Anyways now that thats over I can't remember studying microbial cultures in Biology last year,and so I guess I will leave that joke where it is for now,and also I guess I have to judge in two days it seems.I just hope I have enough energy.The next two weeks are going to be hectic,but afterwords I will get to be much more active within the site then I am now.(Right now I am being a bit unactive compared to what I was like before the build season for robotics started,but don't worry I still have enough time to judge this)

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Cholokid I swear you better not be the queen of France are you?

And why not? Its not like my anus is bleeding or anything. >.>

You know Crimson, I've been wondering now ever sense you told me about building robotics. And I was wondering, are you in the type of robot building thing where they battle after completed? Or are you just learning the basics?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

they don't battle,but they do compete.We spend over $6000 to build these things so I don't think we want to wreck them.Also I'm also taking a class while being one of the few programmers on the team.Its not the easiest thing I've ever done to tell you the truth.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

so Gantic does that make you a Chinese grammar Nazi or something.

Hardly. If you parse my sentences in any language, you'll see an uncanny (and incorrect) resemblance to English. I'm only fluent in one language and that's gibberish. I'm more interested in language than language.

---
The majority of overseas Chinese don't primarily use Mandarin, mainly Cantonese and Min dialects. The latter includes Hokkien. If you'd want to reflect that aspect, then Hokkien might be better. I've never understood much (or any) of it. But Mandarin is only more formal and widely understood.

The pinyin for the characters you have written are Gong He Xin Xi. Both phrases (that and Gong Xi Fa Cai) start with the same character so it took me a while to figure something was up. Speaking the wrong phrase is much more embarrassing, although if you spoke it, there wouldn't be a noticeable difference since both are New Year's Wishes.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Unless you mean "Klaatu barada nikto" I have no idea what you just said.

ok, I submit, strop was wrong. *ninja battles strop* *epic music from matrix starts playing*
*dinosaurs start eating people in the background*
"CHAAAIIINSAAAAWWWW!!!!!" *chases strop with chainsaw*
"BANISHMENT BOW!!!!!" *bans chainsaw out of my hand*
"COOKIE DOUGH LAUNCHER!!!!!!" *fires raw cookiedough at strop*
"MOUTH - ACTIVATE!!!!" *nom*
"HAHA! That cookie dough was full of two things:" *strop is all weirded out*
"1, chlorine," *strop is just all liek....okayyy...*
"2, RAW PEANUTS >DDD"
"NOOO, MY ONE AND ONLY WEAKNESS!!!"
"MUAHAHAHA!"
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

And why not? Its not like my anus is bleeding or anything. >.>

Aw come on...I specifically avoided that joke because, you know. So unfair >:

I'm only fluent in one language and that's gibberish.

...deconstructivist >.>

:P

If you'd want to reflect that aspect, then Hokkien might be better.

I would ask my mother except she can't read any Chiniese/Hokkien whatsoever, only speak Hokkien. My sister can't speak nor read but can translate. My father could passingly speak and read Mandarin and picked up some Hokkien. And I can't do any of the above.

At least I know how to say Gong Xi Fa Cai. Speaking of which, I notice there are multiple pronunciations of even that, is that a dialect thing?

Anyway, Mandarin characters would be greatly helpful, but I think I know somebody who could give me the Hokkien.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

lol that's a good one KR. Okay, finally, here's mine.

Really...I was just blatantly ignoring the theme.

Also, crimson, kingryan drew a microbial culture growing in a petridish. It's a biology joke.[/quote]

I did? I just drew some bacteria in a dish...

That is great kingryan! I totally lol-ed. Very creative =)

I got Carlie to lo-ol...doo dah...doo dah...! WOO HOO! CARLIE THINKS MY SUBMISSION IS AWESOME!!!!! TAKE THAT STROP!

I hope I win...!
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I hope I win...!

god forbit his head will become so full of hot air I think he'll float.
*punch line percussion sounds*
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I hope I win...!

I was going to say something about this,but shall keep quiet for now.Anyways I shall be judging tomorrow,so if anyone has any other art to submit,I would suggest you enter it in today.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Aw come on...I specifically avoided that joke because, you know. So unfair >:

I don't know why you skipped that joke? Haha. It's just... Rejected Cartoons are so epic... I cant keep myself from saying them once I stop. D:

god forbit his head will become so full of hot air I think he'll float.

*facepalm*

Gawsh. Let him hope. No need to flamez.

*chomps on a burger*

I cooked that burger with your flamez.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I was going to say something about this,but shall keep quiet for now.Anyways I shall be judging tomorrow,so if anyone has any other art to submit,I would suggest you enter it in today.
*long series of VERY censored words*

If you go after AG time, I might still have a chance to finish this:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Picture62.png
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Gawsh. Let him hope. No need to flamez.

*chomps on a burger*

I cooked that burger with your flamez.

twas a joke comrade.

*laughs maniacally*

I just burnt a full orphanage with my flamez!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If you go after AG time, I might still have a chance to finish this:

I go by AG time,but I don't plan on judging until after 4 pm,because I still have school and after school activities to attend to.If you can get it done before I say submissions are closed then you will still be good.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

4 pm AG time? I love being six hours ahead right now...

Sleep first, though!

Showing 2641-2655 of 6854