ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4237560
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Both! Like with the rhinos and penguins, hence the "and".

Because... The cake is a lie and the spoon does not exist!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You can always throw in a portal or two
I just got an idea, I wonder if it will keep inside my head for a week!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Coooool!! Spoon says "Hai!"

I must be tired, my comments are almost nonexisting...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,I am sure you would have seen this coming,after that last comment of yours...

The Truth About Spoons in Portal
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/TheSpooninPortal.png

oh an just as a note I messed with even more effects in photo shop to make this one.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Nice picture CrimsonBlade55!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hm, if Gantic had tweaked his picture that would have compromised his artistic integrity.

That said, uh, the, uh, Zophia's pic made me splutter on my broth (I am sick, yes, ninja do get sick on occasion). I am reminded of two things:

1) The South Park episode entitled "Vote or Die", which contains a PETA sendup.

2) A certain short comic that goes by the same name...NO I DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT! D:

Okay, banning self now kthnx.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Likes this?

Or perhaps my entry for this round.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/PortalTechnologies.gif

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

We counter the ZSC! Or... Somefing...

I want counterfire on that tank! Lt. Skater, send your men across the battlefield to intercept their weapons transit, STAT! I want fire on that tank god*****!!!

Good job on judging, I really didn't expect the both of you to judge it, and I have a suggestion for when this one is done! Can we do a music theme after Portals and Spoons?

Btw, this is not a club, it's a competition. I doubt that there will be any club as great as the ZSC either, and we WILL become part of AG history *epic snooty face*.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

(I am sick, yes, ninja do get sick on occasion)

srry for the double post but...
Accidentally pluck yourself with your own poison needle again stroppy 'ol buddy?

You'll get me later. You'll get me later *loads m50Millitary shotgun*
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Can we do a music theme

There was already a music theme.In fact I believe that was the first one that Zophia entered and then I think she won that one,but I can't quite remember,but I might look it up later.I don't know if they are willing to do another Music Theme.If they did it would probably have to be called Music 2 or something.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Likes this?
Actually... Though that one looks pretty cool too... What I meant, was that... No, you know what. It doesn't matter. It's my personal opinion about such images, and really, you don't deserve it since I'm sure you know what you want to do with your images.
It was just that line separating the upper and lower part of the beak. Rhino horns aren't split, and you don't really notice that line on penguins... Just that line. Nothing else. And it's an awesome entry the way it is, so just ignore that I said this.

That said, uh, the, uh, Zophia's pic made me splutter on my broth (I am sick, yes, ninja do get sick on occasion). I am reminded of two things:
I do not know either of those things! D: You better throw some links at me to something, or at least explain~

Btw, this is not a club, it's a competition. I doubt that there will be any club as great as the ZSC either, and we WILL become part of AG history *epic snooty face*.
... Me and Cen is a club of our own! A Zombie Club?
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Cen, Zoph, you two are hilarious judges. haha, together anyway. 3rd? I shoulda stayed with my original. darn. Onto the new:

Mphhbahahahhaha! Yes! My first good idea in ages! xD

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/banana2copy-1.jpg

Reference: Rejected Cartoons

and Strop.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Oh wow I did not expect to see a rejected reference for this theme,but that was a genius use of the spoon part of the theme,and how the spoon was a portal to the banana was just awesome,but does that banana have a dogs head?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

but does that banana have a dogs head?

Nooo, that's a horses head! Gah! It's strop. >.>

Hahaha but thanks. ^^
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Whoops...awkward.....well anyways I guess it would have helped if he didn't have his tongue sticking out like that to tell the difference I suppose.I don't quite get why you randomly put him in your entry,but whatever.

Showing 2956-2970 of 6854