ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4213415
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

fst6.....why can't Cholokid venture out to other ideas?I mean I guess I am the exact last person to talk since I use the same character in every one of my submissions,just with new jokes every time...but thats besides the point.My point is....I am not sure that I have one....awkward again.....well still I think Chuck Norris can sometimes be over used(I know someone is bound to get angry at me for that one)

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Cholo... Bring back your chuck Norris stuff... Immediatly.

:'O

well still I think Chuck Norris can sometimes be over used(I know someone is bound to get angry at me for that one)

I loved doing Chuck Norris, but he got boring to me. I over used him, and had to use other things. Why do you not like my new stuff fst?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Good to see you agree with me Cholokid,but have you seen my first flash video yet?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

A Zombie Club?

You guys are a zombie club....? Since...when? lol.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You guys are a zombie club....? Since...when? lol.

Since recently when they died from laughter from the last two entries....sure.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

...oh wait a second I forgot Gantics entry wasn't supposed to be funny was it....awkward once again....but yeah just go with it....

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Z: Almost tempted to say thank you for not using photobucket... Yours was one of the few I could actually see while I was away from home. And I like it. You did a good job on both the technical parts of drawing and the idea portrayed. I'm still not sure who Lt. is, though. The penguin? This entry would have been a bit more win if the tank had been a rhino (dunno if there is a tank model called rhino, but you hopefully get my point), but it is still win. At least 2nd place win.
C: Agree. And the rhinopart is the penguin, Zophia. He is called Lt. Rhino. Let us just ignore the missing rhino, they get all the fame anyway.
Z: You write like I'm an idiot... >_> I knew that, it just wasn't clear.
C:Sorry... *corrects a lot of Zophia's corrections with a sly smirk*
Anyway, for the third... Well... *stares at Zophia walking off* I knew it...
Z: ... You know why. *corrects one of you corrections with a frown*
C: Huh?

It's a bit late, but the tank is Lt. Rhino. See on the tank it says Lt. Rhino? So I think it's the tanks name and it is a rhino tank. :P
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Whoops...awkward.....well anyways I guess it would have helped if he didn't have his tongue sticking out like that to tell the difference I suppose.I don't quite get why you randomly put him in your entry,but whatever.

The reference wasn't random so much as the way it was all put together. I can be quoted as saying "I am a banana" back in the Culture round in my response to being exposed as a non-Chinese speaking person of Chinese ethnicity (banana = yellow skin but white on the inside), which is where the reference comes from.

I started out with "oh, this is a Rejected reference but how the heck is Cholokid going to put in a banana from portals?" Really caught me by surprise!
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Accidentally pluck yourself with your own poison needle again stroppy 'ol buddy?

Am not a poison user!

Anyway, the other thing I wanted to say was to Zophia: you don't need to feel compelled to make a 'constructive' criticism on every piece that you see, nor feel bad if you can't think of something. It's not as if we're going to think that you're one of those fangirls who ttly OMGFAV'D everything they see in the hopes that one of those faves will translate into a watch or something.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Am not a poison user!

That's a pitiful ninja...unless of course you use explosives. Otherwise you lose my respect as a Ninja and I will pillage your village as well as burn down your Dojo.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

:O

You've seen my comic chapters. You should well know I use all manners of explosives!

Ninja make boom. Is good.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

LOL.
Dude, that was the least ninja-y thing I have ever heard of....hilarious though.
So I'll spare your dojo, for the time being.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It was just that line separating the upper and lower part of the beak. Rhino horns aren't split, and you don't really notice that line on penguins... Just that line. Nothing else. And it's an awesome entry the way it is, so just ignore that I said this.

Just as the rhino's face looks out of place on the penguin. With the inclusion of the lines though, it was more "Happy Rhino Grumpy Penguin". The other pic was going to be called "Confluence about a Penguin (or Rhino's Head)" which gives it more disambiguation.

...oh wait a second I forgot Gantics entry wasn't supposed to be funny was it....

Who says it's not funny? (Dramatic) Irony is funny, but not as funny as the other stuff in the picture.

The reference wasn't random so much as the way it was all put together. I can be quoted as saying "I am a banana" back in the Culture round in my response to being exposed as a non-Chinese speaking person of Chinese ethnicity (banana = yellow skin but white on the inside), which is where the reference comes from.

I started out with "oh, this is a Rejected reference but how the heck is Cholokid going to put in a banana from portals?" Really caught me by surprise!

You look more like a Twinkie, you ABC (assuming).
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I do not really like tag-style writing

It would generally be considered bubble or block style.

As for the new topic. Very....odd. But I'm looking forward to coming up with something.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/scan0018-1.jpg
You know that feeling you get? Where it feels like someones jabbing a spoon/spork into the back of your head and even though you look to the back of you and say "STOP IT", but no one is there, jabbing the alleged spoon/spork into your head? Did I mention that this feeling is caused by your brother when you forgot to go to the family reunion and he had a protal machine? HE's getting back at ya.

This picture makes me depressed because it reminds me of one of my characters. It saddens me...really.

Showing 2971-2985 of 6854