ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4216365
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Fine, but only because I have the responsibility of my word.

Theme: But to be stopped on the stairs, to be forced to listen to her trivial, irrelevant gossip, to pestering demands for payment, threats and complaints, and to rack his brains for excuses, to prevaricate, to lie--no, rather than that, he would creep down the stairs like a cat and slip out unseen.

And deadline is Monday, as usually.

And Zophia finally woke..

Whats that mean?

It is a sound...
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Theme: But to be stopped on the stairs, to be forced to listen to her trivial, irrelevant gossip, to pestering demands for payment, threats and complaints, and to rack his brains for excuses, to prevaricate, to lie--no, rather than that, he would creep down the stairs like a cat and slip out unseen.

Isn't that rather complcated?

And Zophia finally woke..

Judgement naw??? :3
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Omg, I start at 9 tomorrow, so I go to sleep in 1:40. Will the judgement be done by then? :3

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Oh looks like Zophias spirit awoke she is just a ghost she will get trapped in the keyboard and haunt computers forever.

I don't think you could draw that.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Isn't that rather complcated?

Depends. In general, as this is just a part of a story, everything relating to what the theme is will be okay. Sneaking down the stairs like a cat, being bored at someone yapping, all that. Depends on your imagination.

Judgement naw??? :3

Judging tomorrow. Probably about 12pm AG time.

And I forgot:
Extracts: Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
The drawings do not have to be related to the story, though.
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

At 12pm AG time hmmm thats 4pm where I live so by the time I do my homework it should be done.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Judging tomorrow. Probably about 12pm AG time.

I HATE YOU!!!!! >
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Or is it pm... Pm, darn it... *facepalm* At noon AG time, I hope.

And really, just try to look past the long line of words, open up and draw something. No reason for thinking this is hard to do, it depends on how open you are to ideas.
Though this is probably the reason why Zophia is my cojudge. To prevent me from doing stuff like this.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Sorry about that. I was nervous.
...I have to wait 21 hours. That's why i'm nervous...
*becomes alchohoholic*

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Is that reeeeeaaaaaly the subject? If it is, I've just won.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Is that reeeeeaaaaaly the subject? If it is, I've just won.

Unless Zophia grabs me by the collar and drags me out of this round, I will make sure it is.
And we will see.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

(or alive at the same time..)
Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains?

Maybe she got shot that would be terrible.
I don't get enough sleep, seriously. So suddenly I'm just not wake-able. I've slept at least twelve hours today...

Also...
Theme rejected for being too long to fit in the title. Srsly.
So, theme... "Whatever the hell Cen said it would be on page 342."
Evil theme stays.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

So that is actually the theme?
How am I supposed to do a mediocre job of that?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Am I the only one creative enought to take part of the theme and thing good things up? Seriously??
I think this might have been the broadest theme we have had for a long time!
... *mutter, mumble*

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Yeah sure, Cen. Oh, I know what to put in the title. Or maybe I should save that for a theme... Yeah, I should save that.

Showing 3211-3225 of 6854