ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4237640
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh, and, btw... Poll on restarting the thread after this theme is done?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm not quite sure,but I think I just got ninja'd by a really long post made by Zophia...I think that is something that has not happened before....

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

and then I get Ninja'd again seriously Zophia your not Strop so why must you Ninja me so much?Anyways why restart the thread for,are there any particular reasons for it?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

You know its funny half of my entry is pure text,and it includes the same exact quote yet they didn't make a big deal out of mine.I think its just a matter of you keeping the drawn portions too simple,or they are just waiting to attack me...
It's the way it's done, crimson.
The reason I have an issue with thoad's, is because it consists almost purely of text, whereas yours have the text as a secondary thing. You comic would probably fail without the text, but the text would also fail without the drawings. At least to some degree.
And you clearly had an idea with your entry.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

@crimson: Well what should people expect from a kid who can either do traditional or art done in paint? I'm obviously gonna take advantage of the test powers, and mine was simply a joke about the theme being confusing and hard to understand.

@Zophia: mainly, if something is literal, it really could have several different meanings, but within 30 minutes of looking and racking my brain at the theme, I came with nothing. Maybe I'm just not versatile, as you say, or the theme is just a little complicated for most people in this case. Either way, the best I could get was a cruddy joke that was disqualified.

I just rambled on without looking at the screen, keyboard, and I was watching TV, I wonder how absolutely TERRIBLE it'll sound. lol.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

If it's any comfort, crims, you just ninja'd me too. :P

and then I get Ninja'd again seriously Zophia your not Strop so why must you Ninja me so much?Anyways why restart the thread for,are there any particular reasons for it?

Rules needs to be updated. Since we're two judges now, and such... Just small things that could use a tweaking.

And this one has already reached monster length~
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*creeps back, looks like.. crap*
I tried to explain what I wanted on the same page... Just the atmosphere of the theme. I know none of you know the story, hell, I have only read the first chapter.
I... I will keep shut until the judging, because I will screw stuff up fast...

Thoad, it is okay, it is not as much "hurting my feelings" as me being tired and stressed and depressed... And so much rage.. Not started by you, though... Sorry, I act like a butt more than often...
Zoph miss me now. But I am not sure if she would care about me leaving here... And people easily forget...

Funny thing.. Strop found similarities between Cen and Raskolnikov, and now my head has nicked him that as well....

You know its funny half of my entry is pure text,and it includes the same exact quote yet they didn't make a big deal out of mine.I think its just a matter of you keeping the drawn portions too simple,or they are just waiting to attack me...

The drawn part was a stickfigure looking at the text... That is the main problem... Besides I have been hoping for Thoad to do something great the last couple of weeks, because I know he is good enough to get the merit...

well ever since the Rhinos and Penguins theme it feels like we(or at least myself,I can't speak for others) have to put everything that was within the theme or something.Was the idea just to take parts from the theme and run with what we got out of it?

Well, this is whart I got from it:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/id1.jpg
Nothing literate about that. Just... Inspired by the theme..
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ninja'd again.

@Zophia: mainly, if something is literal, it really could have several different meanings, but within 30 minutes of looking and racking my brain at the theme, I came with nothing. Maybe I'm just not versatile, as you say, or the theme is just a little complicated for most people in this case. Either way, the best I could get was a cruddy joke that was disqualified.
If it's any comfort, my first thought on the theme was to veto and make Cenere come up with something else. I didn't have a fluffing clue on what kind of idea could be associated with the theme. But there is possibilities~

And did I officially disqualify it? I thought I'd just stated that text based entries are STRONGLY discouraged?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The drawn part was a stick figure looking at the text... That is the main problem...

The reason I have an issue with thoad's, is because it consists almost purely of text, whereas yours have the text as a secondary thing.

You know it sounds like you two are trying to argue with me,but it seems like you are only agreeing with what I said and saying it in a different way.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Lol. That happens often on the internet.
But I think we were just responding to your "or they are just waiting to attack me", really.

Zoph miss me now. But I am not sure if she would care about me leaving here...
D:!!!!!!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

really am more stumped than the fashion theme....
*thinks that his happy pants coulda made the merit that theme if he had the scanner*

aw man its been a while since then hasn't it.I believe I wasn't even in that theme,but just a mere spectator at that time with no real skill in art what so ever.I remember when I submitted my Steve the Demon Dog entries...aww man those were so poor.Its funny that we actually had a theme about nostalgia already because otherwise I would suggest it as the next theme.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I remember when I submitted my Steve the Demon Dog entries...aww man those were so poor.Its funny that we actually had a theme about nostalgia already because otherwise I would suggest it as the next theme.

ZOMG, I totally remember those, and as I remember I was getting a little PO'd because they were grabbing a-lot of attention when they weren't all that great (no offense) and no one would look at my arts lol.
Goood times, goooooood times.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I wonder if people would have been bashing me, if I had used the title instead...
Not as fun... Not as interesting... But it would have the same feeling as all the other themes have had...

Strop said he might enter.. I wonder what he has in mind...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I wonder if people would have been bashing me, if I had used the title instead...

no offense, but I really would have probably just drawn a Russian fleeing from the battlefield with a musket in his hand...revolving just about NOWHERE to where you wanted it to be.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

no offense, but I really would have probably just drawn a Russian fleeing from the battlefield with a musket in his hand...revolving just about NOWHERE to where you wanted it to be.

Because "Crime and Punishment" means Russian flees from battle?
If Zophia had slapped me for this theme, it would have ended up being "Jurassic park" instead..
Books are good for themes... I thought...
Showing 3301-3315 of 6854