ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4271301
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Hm.. are the downloads free?

Yes, and I'm not being to nice, it was a good joke.
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

We're not saying is crap or anything, we're saying that it's paint quality, which isn't all that great unless you're a master of paint, like Cenere and Strop.

Omg, Cen and Stropsticle use PAINT???

well actually I think paint uses bitmap which has larger pixels,because GIMP and PhotoShop both use raster art,and it is just a matter of how large the pixels are really.In fact a majority of PhotoShop is pure vector art,except for maybe a few things that I am aware of,but if you want full vector art try illustrator,and I believe InDesign also has vector graphics capabilities in it,but it is used mainly for designing layouts from what I know.

Great revelation for me crim. Thanks alot
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

P.S.: Chinamen can't draw Zega? What's this then?
http://china-phoenix.net/images/galleryxiaoqian/painting/g-meihua.jpg
Loooool

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

In fact a majority of PhotoShop is pure vector art

whoops I screwed up there when I said that as I meant to say pure raster art.I don't have a single piece of vector art in any of my drawing for this contest,and have only made one thing in vector art so far which can be found in that one thread for dark drawings.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

whoops I screwed up there when I said that as I meant to say pure raster art.I don't have a single piece of vector art in any of my drawing for this contest,and have only made one thing in vector art so far which can be found in that one thread for dark drawings.

woah woah woah woah WOOOAAAH, Ok, I thought you used the GIMP, not photoshop?!
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

On the topic of discussion, I'm experienced with most Adobe art programs, and illustrator, photoshop, and flash are the best, in my opinion. What I have done in my entries is paint then photoshop for smudging, but I bet that if I used Illustrator (my fav) my entries would look a lot different. I tried to use Illustrator for this one, but the style was too clean-looking.
------------
I would recommend Illustrator because it has so many options, and a very comprehensive way to draw stuff.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

woah woah woah woah WOOOAAAH, Ok, I thought you used the GIMP, not photoshop?!

Did you not notice me always talking about how I got PhotoShop,and how now I transfer my Bell Peppers over using a picture with a transparent background.I have been using PhotoShop CS4 for a while now thoad.I used to use GIMP,but I have PhotoShop now.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Did you not notice me always talking about how I got PhotoShop,and how now I transfer my Bell Peppers over using a picture with a transparent background.I have been using PhotoShop CS4 for a while now thoad.I used to use GIMP,but I have PhotoShop now.

*epic gwah*
NAEJFPAOEWIUHFAOWEHGAEIHGAERGHK
HAATE SPAAAAM.

I'm now like, one of the only people here WITHOUT photoshop...I feel like such a newb.
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

thoad. You're still not alone
I have PhotoShop, but I don't use it. I use Flash, always.
Crimson, why do you keep doing chewbacca stuff? I preferred your older art...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Crimson, why do you keep doing chewbacca stuff? I preferred your older art...

I don't draw chewbacca but when I thought of him talking sometimes all I can think of is a wookie with captions.Also what do you mean my old art?From when do you speak of?
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Also what do you mean my old art?From when do you speak of?

Well, I don't know. The art you used to do before the chewbacca stuff...
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I use MS paint sometimes, just for fun. However it's not playing very nicely with my tablet right now.

Also I don't have Photoshop.

Please only post original images that are relevant to the theme- if you're post a different image use a link.

Zega, racist jokes are in bad taste but it was so badly drawn it was kinda funny. However as a kind of "Chinaman" I can't help but think you should really think twice before...

Crimsonblade, I think Ogt2 is referring to Sasquatch pics, as they appear to be just about the only thing you post on these forums since you started.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*cries*

I WAAANNT PHOTOSHOP, FLASH AND A TABLET!!!!!! NOAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

*/cries*

My entry would be soo much easier with a tablet....

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I could just do with a tablet. No need for no fancy Photoshop.

No title. No comment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SelfPortraitSmeared.jpg

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yeh...I could probably survive without Photoshop...Flash would be nice though....

Nice entry Gantic...It looks like a face...Which program was that done in?

Showing 3496-3510 of 6854