ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5498174
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30081265&id=1310460133

This is my Hugh Jackman tribute, for him doing a wonderful "ORIGINS: WOLVERINE" movie. It is still unfinished. But hopefully I will do so in a week.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

hmm... this is fishy... I will try once again to link it.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v329/227/70/1310460133/n1310460133_30081264_29.jpg

last try...

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq148/Island_Empire/n1310460133_30081264_29.jpg?t=1241933640

there, 1 of them ought to work

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hey Zoph...Phsycomonkey's entry looks a bit...fishy....

Why are there two pictures of that Wolverine Guy?

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

because I tried to link it the first time. and It didnt work so I used 2 links from different sources (facebook and photobucket).

the picture is hand drawn with chalk pastel on construction paper.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

zoph, He didn't trace it, He brought it into photoshop and blurred a bunch of the lines.
I know it's either filters, an interesting blurring or a crude way of tracing. Tracing was just the easiest to ask about... x_x

DDX, did you use any images as reference for that? If so, link please. Also, suspicious here because the image file is named a long line of numbers. Why would you name it a long line of numbers?
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

because it is from facebook.

and no, I was watching the daily show with john stewart, the interview with John and Hugh, I pause this on my computer, and get out my sketch pad. Questions?

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Hai guys! I'm back. So the judging is tomorrow, aight? Today I'm gonna go see kittens, yay!
Hey guys, I'm currently working on an EPIC entry which could fit in ANY theme, exept food, armorgames, or newgrounds
Cya laterz!

-Ogt2

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

DDX! You can draw so good! Great job! Did you liek mah petah parkur?

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

I tried..I had a really good idea too..*sob* Time to try again, but with a different approach..

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/LufffiStudios/CelebrityEntry.jpg

Okay, here it is. Very poorly done, I know. And I don't think I am conveying the message very well either..

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

Yes. I had no time for a good entry.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Judging tomorrow! I can check with phsycomonkey about the image, cus I have his phone number.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Phsycomonkey says that he traced the image and added effects on photobucket

sonam
sonam
840 posts
Nomad

how do you draw pictures yourself and put it here

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

how do you draw pictures yourself and put it here

You use scanner and photobucket, or some other image hosting site. Scan the image, upload it to the site, get the direct link or make a link to the image, and post it here.
Showing 4456-4470 of 6854