ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5496007
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Question: Are the winners from last week supposed to get merits or has that changed?

You need to send a message to one of the mods(I would probably go with Zophia since she is the one who judges this competition) and that comment will be what gets the merit, since forum posts can not be rewarded with merits.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Hmm, well, he does look wierd. How is this related to crime? Wtf, 4/10

He haz killed many people, and it says "WANTED" beside him! (scroll)
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Dream
See?! I did not win, I was placed high (seemingly a habit of mine, sorry), but I did not win.
Which means that last time I won was when Klaus judged before Zophia and I was selected for the job.
*tries to find out when that was*
16th of February.
Holy kittensalad!

Anyway, mousemousemou... No, wait... Homework first.... *facepalm, goes back to asocial and depressed corner*

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

What? You have never tried it? It tastes like kitten! Yes, it is kitten chopped down in bits and thrown in a salad. Yum! .^_^.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Holy kittensalad!

yum, Sounds good. Never tried it though.

What? You have never tried it? It tastes like kitten! Yes, it is kitten chopped down in bits and thrown in a salad. Yum! .^_^.

EWW!!! All you guys are discusting! >:P
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

kinda like assasin's creed, but black hoodie XD Nice!

That's exactly what I said! lol.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

ha aaron is that supposed 2 be u wearing dat hoodie u always wear 2 skoo?

No, just some guy. The color of his clothes were originally different, though. He had a red shurt, green pants, and brown cloak(not hoodie).
I recolored it to make the assassin look more stealthy and stuff. U liek?
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Assassination -EDIT-
Filled in white pixels and added a bit more shading-

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu19/Pois0nArr0w/Crimeentry2.png

Judge this one^

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

EVEN BETTER!!! lol If you got a shorter hair cut u'd be the dead guy, But I imagine noah as him lolololol Argen are u gonna post

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

What's the difference between that and a pencil? Note the use of a pencil tool with a pencil like implement on digital media.Side note. Unless they did it with a mouse, the reasoning does not apply. (Yes, I've seen some amazing stuff done in Paint with a mouse... using the spray paint tool.)
The Strop-image I was referring to was mousedrawn.

Also note that some people are better at drawing with a mouse than a pencil/pen/stylus. It's not as much a question about tool as it is skill with said tool.

I'm not sure what you actually meant.

Meet mouse.
You abandoned mouse.
Mouse hates you now.
Irrelevant info: I can still work with a mouse and get a decently good result, it just takes more time and effort because of lack of pressure sensitivity.

Also, does entering this theme convey admission to guilt? Seeing as I got jury duty coming up, I wonder if I can say I've entered into Crime.
In some technical way, yes?

*joins the 'considering finding mouse'*
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

ooo and the parmesean cheese... mmmmmmmmm lol XD

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I think I might have mixed it up with the Pencil vs. Digital discussion. ... This thread moves too fast at times.

I should really get started on my entry.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Was there a discussion about that?

As for non-digital works vs. digital ones, the only disadvantage non-digital ones have are that lack of scanner may make the image less visible.

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Zophia, what paint program do you use?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Varies.

Mostly Photoshop Elements 7.0, but I have both GIMP and Corel Painter Essentials on my comp, and also play around with online widgets/applets when I feel like it.

Showing 4726-4740 of 6854