ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5495331
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

ugh why isnt it working? wait could someone explain to me how to do it?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Jalex: DIRECT *censor* LINK!
Not html, not forumfluff, but DIRECT LINK!
It says it. Third from above or something. Direct. Link.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Did you ever explain this one? It looks kinda cool. Don't know what you meant with it, though.

LSD. You didn't notice how psychedelic it is?
----
Made with your TrackPoint on your laptop? Almost deserves an honorary mention for Effort, then. Good job. (Another that was really considered for the top three...)

All of my entries are trackpoint made. . . .>_>
-----
Me have idea.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Jalex... I am not sure you heard it, but I said direct link.
Which means to the image. Not to the page it is on.
There is a link third in the row where you found the other called "direct link", which is what you should be using.
The codes are these, like in the rest of the forum but well, now you know.

The link you should be using (ei the one I used for posting your image) is http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/jalex13_2009/whale.jpg

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

it wont work for me either, its just a box with code in it and an x next to it. DARN X_X

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*rubs bridge of nose*
Second in row, seemingly. Check this out, scroll down to the image, take a good look, and use the link shown there.
And put it into the [img] code. Post.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Just wondering, what program do you use for your art? I love how much detail you put into all of it.

Photoshop Elements 2.0
I have GIMP as well, though I am not really using it for anything anymore. And have some skills in paint (pokemon contest and own thread for references). But mainly Photoshop Elements.
And thank you, though... Nevermind.
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Wow it seems all the good photos are made on photoshop Elements, but it isn't free so... yeah I use paintshop pro, ok, but not phenomonal, or I use paint, Argen I hope you join this one, you're good, I'll be making one and may possible may have it done in four hours, cause I'll be traveling, p.s Good luck all.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

First time using GIMP. Made the picture on paint (big mistake)
and colored/edited with GIMP. Didn't turn out as well as I hoped. Post comments and I will update.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu19/Pois0nArr0w/PurpleVirus-1.png

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

oh god poisonarrow, that is quite disturbing. I LOVE IT

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

oh god poisonarrow, that is quite disturbing. I LOVE IT

Glad you like it... have any suggestions as to how make better it?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah, I like injecting words and phrases with multiple connotations just to mess with peoples heads. -.- Oh wait...
I'm not saying it's the only reason, I'm just sorta convinced that you enjoy the fact that it works that way. I like your entries, they're just difficult to judge.
Also, you get a vookie.

Yeah, purple injection sucks. At least dig your brain and find better ideas :P
Psh, you could just post some good suggestions in the thread, I do listen. :P
Also, it is not just random.

All you guys now mentioning how touchpad-drawing you are actually makes me miss drawing with my touchpad. But Photoshop won't recognize the touchpad clicks when I try...
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

@Pois0nArr0w
Hey how did u do the eye effect? and the blur?

Eye effect... I think it was the smudge tool :P

And blur I did with the blur/sharpen tool, the thing that looks like a water drop. I think the blur adds some depth to the image.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I don't particularly want to make this my official entry. . .I'll make another one, but this stands till then.
Puerple Injection!
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3673/puerpleinjection.jpg

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/injected.jpg?t=1243472788

YAY! DONE! Whew. White spots galore but I dun care. lol.

Showing 4801-4815 of 6854