ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5491354
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

I did that thing with just a mouse.

YOU WHAT?????????????

Wow, that's... epic....win.
Did that on paint???
mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

nah it's like paint shop 7.0? or something like that....it's just a program on my computer.

yeah I've done it enough now that I'm pretty used to it....I just wish I had a tablet because then it would take me so fricken long.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2103/wingspic.jpg

As usual in this competition I apologise sincerely... but anyway for somereason a dodo was the first thing I thought of for "wings" but when I realsied it I realsied the whole wing thing was kinda pointless.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Interrupting with an update:
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs49/i/2009/170/1/d/Wings__Such_a_Dull_Life_by_Caelann.jpg

Okay, proceed.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Wow, Cen, that's nice! Good work there.

Thanks (to you and other who commented).
Mocking myself for making such an entry when I am the judge. I have working on it for 12+ hours since the theme was official... And it is pretty much a waste of time.
mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

I don't think it was a waste. I like it =)

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Just deleted my reply T T

Didn't you enjoy drawing it?

Well, redid the rocks, redid three wings, redid the water twice, repainted the guy twice before starting.. 12+ hours since the theme got official... I think, what I enjoyed was the learning process, not so much simply drawing it. And the brush I used was rather nice.

Plus, people get to see some more of your drawings :C

Fixed.

I don't think it was a waste. I like it =)

Thank you. Yours is rather well done as well, been through the trouble myself with mouse and, well, paint. If you are working with paint shop, you should use the line tool, it makes the lines rather nice and smooth, at least after some practice.
mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

Thank you. Yours is rather well done as well, been through the trouble myself with mouse and, well, paint. If you are working with paint shop, you should use the line tool, it makes the lines rather nice and smooth, at least after some practice.

yeah I'm rusty because I really don't use it too much anymore, I just draw by hand mostly. I have a lazer mouse thing and sometimes it jerks around and other times it refuses to do round shapes...next time I'll have to do an entry by hand. =)
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

next time I'll have to do an entry by hand. =)

You do that, I am sure it will look good.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

What programs do you use for drawing? Because I have paint and I can't make nothing easily.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

What programs do you use for drawing? Because I have paint and I can't make nothing easily.

1) Who are you asking?
2) Paint is possibly the best programme for easy art. If it has to look good, you will have to work a little for it, as the rest of us do, when we use it.

Touch pad kitty!! made in paint.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/touchpadkitty.jpg
As you can see, it depends on how much you want to do something, and then do it.
If you are looking for any alternative programmes, download GIMP.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Thanks for the help.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Thanks for the help.

You are welcome, though it would be easier to help, if you had answered the questions.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

More simple stuff from Gantic. Two optical illusions in one!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/dreams.gif

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I'm waiting for someone to post an entry based on the band

Showing 5071-5085 of 6854