ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5492130
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

hmm I wonder if we will be able to compete if we make the rules?

Well, since the rules are somewhat basic (I hope... Sorry, had to go to bed), it should not be a problem. If not, I will take full responsebility and let you two try out, Cholo and Crimson. No fair if all of us are automatically eliminated.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm...for the new topic...does judgemnt have anything to do with homosexual monkeys?

Has anyone seen the Eli Stone episode with the monkeys in court because they were homosexual or something. I didn't actually watch all of it my sister was...and I wanted to know why the monkeys were in the court....

Hmm...Judge Judy?

KingRyan

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

[quote]As either would cause too much tension as judge from what I have seen.

What do you mean by that? Too much tension? Oo... *does not understand*
[/quote]Seconded. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I can't say it is either, 'cause I have no idea what you meant, Klaushouse.

@crimson & Cholo:
Interesting.

Carlie said:
But I do think that we should try to keep the judging to the moderators if we can. I don't know how I feel about members judging... seems like that might cause conflict.
Just tossing that information out here. Consider it, think about it. Do you think it would?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Just tossing that information out here. Consider it, think about it. Do you think it would?

Pretty much why we are trying to make rules for this. People should know that it is not anything fancy, basically just a lot of work, and without getting paid, nor will the mod who will hand over the merit do it, if it seems like the judge have been cheating (like letting his friends get the merits with less effort, or without having anything good to show).
Strop said it was something that should be decided within this contest, thus letting regular players judge, if the art-community think they are good enough.

And will think it is funny you did not mention me, as I also am a regualr user, and was part of the rule writing, as well as what might become an election..
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

And will think it is funny you did not mention me, as I also am a regualr user, and was part of the rule writing, as well as what might become an election..
In the @ part where I said interesting? Sorry. I wasn't exactly on the chat while you were discussing it, and those two were the ones who posted what my 'interesting' was a response to... It was not to avoid giving you credit.

Why does it always feel like you're talking down to me these days...
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Pretty much why we are trying to make rules for this. People should know that it is not anything fancy, basically just a lot of work, and without getting paid, nor will the mod who will hand over the merit do it, if it seems like the judge have been cheating (like letting his friends get the merits with less effort, or without having anything good to show).

I am a little confused at what you are proposing. Are you talking about judging for this contest? Or the other one that you are making (which I am assuming we will find out more details on later?)? If you are making a contest, there should be no issues with you judging it. I think that we are just more concerned with the judging of this particular contest. If we start opening it up to members judging, I think we would need to make some modifications in how it is decided and awarded. For simplicities sake and for avoiding conflict, I think it would be better to keep to moderator judging. This way we don't have to worry about people getting upset they are not chosen, questioning the motivation of the judge, etc. To me, it seems like a good way to keep it fair and partial.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

For simplicities sake and for avoiding conflict, I think it would be better to keep to moderator judging. This way we don't have to worry about people getting upset they are not chosen, questioning the motivation of the judge, etc. To me, it seems like a good way to keep it fair and partial.

Agreed.

Probably just meant when it came to judging. But you can have a dot from me: .

What a prize hahaha.
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

couldnt we have a member judge, then they can alert a mod to give the winner the merit? that way no new mods would be necessary.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Can't we just get back on topic?

I don't really care about who the judging is done by...but I would prefer if it was a mod...I like Strop doing it because of his commentaries etc.

As for your other comp...I think I...and others...have no clue about what you are talking about...

Get back on topic or fear....JUDGEMENT

~ kr

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I am a little confused at what you are proposing. Are you talking about judging for this contest? Or the other one that you are making (which I am assuming we will find out more details on later?)? If you are making a contest, there should be no issues with you judging it. I think that we are just more concerned with the judging of this particular contest. If we start opening it up to members judging, I think we would need to make some modifications in how it is decided and awarded. For simplicities sake and for avoiding conflict, I think it would be better to keep to moderator judging. This way we don't have to worry about people getting upset they are not chosen, questioning the motivation of the judge, etc. To me, it seems like a good way to keep it fair and partial.

Well to be fair it would be a bit easier to give merits if a mod is the judge,but the community is deciding who becomes judge so if they want to complain afterwords then it sort of is their fault for letting that person get elected.Also you treat it like regular users have never judged before almost from the way you are coming across.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Back on Topic people! Discuss this somewhere else otherwise the Judge will get grumpy!

Back on Topic!

I don't mean to sound bossy...but since this seems to be more about the up and coming comp. it is getting too much

KingRyan

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well this does pertain to the subject after all,but we do plan on making a new thread for the contest,and zophia we haven't finalized the rules,so if you are up at 8 pm AG time then you can join us at the chat whenever cholokid gets on which he said was around 8.As well as cenere if he is up then.We only discussed a few things,since we didn't get to talk in detail about it.Anyways I guess the theme will have to do,but who will make the decision as to who wins.Cenere just took on the role as to creating the topic,but I'm not sure that means he is a judge.I guess he could be a temporary judge for the week,unless he becomes the official judge that is then it would be less temporary. Anyways I guess I will have to figure out what to do for this topic.I already have an idea...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I don't really care about who the judging is done by...but I would prefer if it was a mod...I like Strop doing it because of his commentaries etc.

Agreed, they have to be able to stand being made fun of and have a funny attitude like Strop.

And as for the discussion, that's right now, correct?

Anyways, on topic, something is telling me to do an entry that is American Idol related... :P.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Gabriel's Horn: An Afterword
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/Complications.gif

Something simpler. Less complex, but more... I'm not sure what's the word.

So Strop is no longer judging. His judging style is perhaps the most unique I've seen on AG, outlining what his impressions of the first three pieces are and the rest in jest.

So no one's judging. The future is nebulous at best. And yet...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hey Gantic are you ever going to explain the box to us?

Showing 2386-2400 of 6854